Out of all the gluten-free cookbooks, my favorite is 1000 Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster is my favorite. I really would love to give a copy to you all, but since that is not feasible, and because I have limited stock on hand, I am giving away one copy to each of the 2 lucky winners! The rest of my stock is for sale, at what I believe to be the lowest price on the Internet (Suggested Retail $35, my price $19). See Gluten-Free Cookbooks on our Products page. Shipping is via USPS Media Mail and is only shipped in the U.S. when purchased online for only $3.64.
Meanwhile, read my review of 1000 Gluten-Free Recipes below and check out the many articles and recipes Carol Fenster has contributed to this website.
“1000 Gluten-Free Recipes” Review
The reason why I enjoy 1000 Gluten-Free Recipes so much is that it reminds me of my first cookbook, The Joy of Cooking. It contains almost everything you would ever wish to make or bake gluten-free.
Carol Fenster really knows her stuff. She is a renowned gluten-free consultant, speaker, teacher and the author of over 10 titles. She is my mentor in my gluten-free kitchen. I can hear you her voice, “Now, Carla…” LOL!
She avoids the use of rice flour in most of her recipes, as it gives a grainy texture to baked goods. She provides you with a gluten-free flour blend that is very simple and contains sorghum, potato starch and tapioca flour/starch. How easy is that? Sometimes you’ll need to add more starch or another flour because she perfects her gluten-free recipes!
You can check out some of her recipes and tips in the links below:
Carol Fenster’s Pizza Crust and Sauce
Gluten-Free Teriyaki Marinade
Marinades for Summertime Grilling
Gluten-free Chimichurri Sauce
How to Create an Herb Garden for Gluten-Free Cooking
Guar Gum vs Xanthan
Gluten-free Dark Cherry Clafouti
Beans: Nature’s Perfect Food
Simple Navy Bean Soup Recipe
What is Xanthan Gum? How much to use?
Marinades for Summertime Grilling
Gluten-Free and Vegetaian Scones with Drizzle (With Vegan Options)
Vegetarian and Gluten-Free Falafel with Dill Yogurt Sauce (Baked Option, too)
Friend or Foe: Fats and Oils in Gluten-Free Baking
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
Open to U.S. Shipping Addresses
Two lucky winners will receive the following:
- 1 copy of 1000 Gluten-Free Recipes by Carol Fenster (hardbound)
Suggested Retail Value of approximately $35 each.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
(One Entry Per Each Step/Comment)
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so in a separate comment below. If you already liked it, add a separate comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave your user name in a separate comment below stating you have done so. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this post on Twitter and mention“@GFrecipebox“, by using it in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below with the Twitter link. The link can be found by clicking on the date of your tweet and then copying the url link above in your browser. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other blog post or forum post on this site, today, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the 328 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Subscribe to our newsletter using the same email address as you leave in the comment below. (1 extra entry.)
What you should know
- This giveaway is open to only U.S. shipping addresses.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 22, 2011.
- The name of the winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on October 23, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on October 25, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that time period, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on October 23, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
Disclaimer: These books were purchased by us and we were under no obligation to review it. Nor were we under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway.
Check out all of our current gluten-free giveaways.
And the winners are…
Lauri Daniels and Deborah J Austin!
Congratulations to Lauri and Deborah!
You have until 11:50pm on October 25, 2011 to reply to this winner’s notification and supply us with your name, shipping address, telephone number and email address. We will then ship your book to you via U.S. Media Mail as soon as possible.