Agave nectar/syrup is a perfect way to lower your sugar intake slightly. It affects your blood sugar slower than granulated sugar. This naturally gluten free, agave caramel sauce is now be a less guilty pleasure. Top ice cream and other desserts as well as fill candy. Enjoy!
A creamy, buttery, caramel sauce that can be made thicker to use as caramel in candy, or as is to top and fill gluten free desserts.
- 1 cup amber (dark) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Add the agave nectar, cream and salt to a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil and boil about 4 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a heatproof container and allow it to cool.
- Top your favorite desserts or use as a filling. Refrigerate leftovers covered and reheat in microwave on a low temperature.
To make chewy agave caramel the consistency of candy use half the amount of butter.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.