Looking for a great beef burgers recipe? I have been eating dull hamburgers with or without cheese all of my life, 51 years, and thought it was time for a change! Okay, so I haven’t been eating them for a full 51 years, but that’s close enough. I’m not Celiac, therefore, cooking with gluten for my husband is not a problem. I was making him a gluten pizza tonight as an extra birthday present and did not want to really cook a big meal for myself. I knew I wanted to add some steak sauce or something. I decided to make a mini meatloaf with more of a steak sauce taste. I wanted something filing since I wasn’t going to be having bread or hamburger bun. I decided instead of adding gluten free oats, as some meatloaf recipe contain, but to hid the oatmeal by grinding into a flour first. I added just about anything I really liked with beef. Voila! – the best beef burgers recipe I have ever eaten! I ended up topping it off with a guacamole sauce. Yum! See both recipes below.
A delicious gluten free beef burger with a balsamic reduction. Just heaven using Parmesan cheese!
- Makes 2 medium size burgers
- 7 oz. lean ground beef (7% fat)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free oats (ground or flour)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free chipotle hot sauce (I use Bufalo brand.)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Balsamic Drizzle (Reduction)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 heaping teaspoon Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle sauce
- sea salt to taste
- splash of lemon juice or white vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl with hands.
- Form into patties and add them to a cold grilling pan and cook until desired temperature.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and blend well.
I have since made this recipe again without the cheese and it was delicious, as well, though nothing can replace the cheese!