I needed to create a recipe to use up some aging flours. I thought, “Why not a gluten free pancake recipe?” There must be thousands of variation of pancakes, but I chose one I thought was unique, in that it did not contain any eggs or gum. That did not work out very well, therefore I adapted it. The recipe originated from one of Nutsonline’s Gluten Free Pancakes recipe. They were delish and I feel that they are a bit more healthy than a typical recipe. These were delish, and are dairy-free and egg-free! Enjoy!
Delicious gluten free pancakes, packed with protein and fiber.
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour (I used superfine rice flour.)
- 1/2 tapioca starch, potato starch, or arrowroot powder (tapioca tends to make lighter pancakes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (or 1/3 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free milk of your choice (I used Homemade Rice Milk Recipe.)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or pureed pumpkin or pureed banana)
- 3 Tablespoons oil (I used grape seed oil.)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk thoroughly.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan with oil; scoop 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes and then turn over. Cook for an additional 2 - 1 1/2 minutes.
Check out more Gluten Free Pancakes Recipes: