Flank steak is very versatile, and this is a very easy gluten free dinner recipe. You may fill it with just about anything your heart desires. This particular recipe calls for fresh spinach, red bell pepper and crumbled blue cheese. Yes. Blue cheese is considered gluten free now. However, the facts still remain uncertain for some. Therefore, you may wish to visit the Gluten Free Product List to find one that is gluten free. You may find that your local grocery store chain may have some already made up. Now that’s extremely easy! Just bake or broil and you’re ready to go. Enjoy this delicious gluten free recipe. We certainly did! It’s juicy, flavorful and is now filed under my easy gluten free dinner recipes.
An elegant, yet extremely easy gluten free dinner.
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup or less red bell peppers diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup gluten free blue cheese, crumbled
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Unroll flank steak; lay out spinach leaves about 4 to 5 leaves high; add pepper, then bell pepper, then cheese; roll up starting from the wide end.
- Tie with kitchen twine so that each slice will be tied up well, perhaps 3 strings around each slice. Slice in about 2" thick rounds. Place in ungreased baking dish.
- Place on the middle shelf of your oven. Broil for 10-12 minutes on each side; or bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes. It's always best to cook beef at least until it reaches 165°F. Use a spatula to turn over. You may also grill them, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
I like to broil mine. I broil the first side a little shorter, and the last side longer to allow a nice brown crust. It makes for a nicer presentation. Do not salt your meat prior to cooking, as salt draws out the juices and will dry your steak.