Recently I was sent a review copy of Everyday Gluten Free, by the multi-self-published gluten free cookbook author, Kim Wilson. At first I thought it to be a very basic, healthy, gluten free cookbook, but it’s much more! The further I got into the book I could tell it was not only a cookbook that contained gluten free recipes, but ones that were better for you. She uses whole foods. Kim has developed this book for those with other food intolerances or allergies besides gluten. And she’s giving away a copy of this cookbook!
Besides being gluten free, Kim’s recipes are easily made dairy-free, as she leaves it up to you whether you use oil or butter, and which type. She does, however, provide what she uses (dairy-free), in specific types of recipes. In addition, the recipes are free of animal products. She does use corn and oats in just a handful of her recipes, however, they are all egg-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. In addition, most recipes are nut free.
I appreciate all of the advice Kim has to offer. We are definitely on the same page when it comes time to grinding your grains whenever possible, and soaking nuts and grains. Her section on setting up a gluten free pantry is very thorough and very different than any other cookbook I have seen. She provides us lesson on nutrition and the who ingredients are used, and when. Other sections include Gluten Free Travel, Eating Out Gluten Free, and more. I also appreciate that her book is spiral bound. It is so convenient to have the pages lie flat when working in the kitchen.
She has a section where she provides us with different baking mixes: Basic, (soy-, corn- and oat-free); Pancake, Oat Buckwheat, Biscuit, Corn Sorghum, Muffins, Oat Rice, and Cake. Wow! She really has it covered, and varied enough for almost any allergen.
What you won’t find in Kim’s cookbook is many bread recipes. Instead she suggests skipping the yeast and consume more pancakes, flatbreads and biscuits, all yeast-free. Though she does provide a few bread recipes, as well as quick breads.
The recipe categories include:
- Pancakes and Waffles
- Other Breakfast and Snack Options
- Baking Mixes, Biscuits and Scones
- Breads and Crackers
- Dressing, Sauces, Dips and Gravy
- Salads and Entrees
- Cookies, Bars and Brownies
- Puddings, Pies and other Desserts
Check out 2 of the recipes Kim has shared with us:
Out of almost 100 recipes, I am looking forward to trying:
- Sunflower Sour Cream
- Pizza Crust
- Blender Pizza Crust
- Brown Bread
- Chocolate Cake
- Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
- Fruit and Nut Balls (a great substitute for a cheese ball!)
- And a few Blender Recipes for baked goods!
And just as the title suggests, these recipes are made for everyday cooking and baking – the healthy way!
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian shipping addresses only.
One (1) lucky winner will each receive the following:
- 1 copy of Everyday Gluten Free
Suggested Retail Value $12.00.
How to Enter
One entry per comment.
****Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory)***
Ways to Submit Additional Entries:
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“ with a link to the giveaway in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Simply Natural Health on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on July 2, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on July 3, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on July 6, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. or Canadian shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on July 3, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Kim Wilson provided me with review copy of her book, and I was under no obligation to review it, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free book.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways!
And the winner is…
Congratulations Gina! You have until July 6, 2012 at 11:59pm PST to reply to the winner’s notification email. If you do not reply within that time period a new winner will be chosen.