An easy and fast recipe for busy people are fajitas. You may serve them in a purchased gluten free corn tortillas, Rudi’s new gluten free tortillas, or a homemade gluten free tortilla or alone with other side dishes. The sauce in this recipe makes great fajitas! They were very yummy! I hope you enjoy this as much as my hubby and I did!
The best gluten free fajitas recipe using homemade gluten free tortillas, corn or store-bought.
- 1/2 pound stir fry meat already cut into strips (chicken or beef)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 Tablespoons oil for frying (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free white vinegar (I used Heinz) (Use apple cider or rice vinegar if corn-free.)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free chilpotle sauce or hot sauce (I used Picante Bufalo Salsa Chilpotle* which is not sugar free.)
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire (I used Lea & Perrins - contains corn)
- 1 - 2 small pinches of stevia (to taste) (I like 2!)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- a few pinches of tapioca flour or corn starch for thickening the sauce (optional)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Homemade Gluten Free Tortillas (or Rudi's brand)
- Seed and thinly slice bell peppers.
- Peel, devein and thinly slice onion.
- Preheat frying pan and cook the vegetables on medium-high heat until onion is golden brown and then lower heat to sauté vegetables until onion is translucent.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, preheat another pre-oiled frying pan.
- Brown the meat on medium high.
- Add vegetables to meat, add liquid ingredients, and stir.
- If using a thickener, remove meat and vegetables to the sides of the pan and add the flour and whisk any lumps out; or mix the flour with a bit of cold water before hand and pour in and stir. Then mix everything all together.
- Arrange on a platter with a side of warm tortillas, shredded cheese (if using), for everyone to assemble their own fajitas. (I serve this with a side salad and/or beans.)
*In a telephone conversation on 6/28/2010, per the manufacturer, Picante Bufalo Salsa Chilpotle remains gluten free.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.