I am crazy for a fresh anything, but this fresh honeydew melon martini is a real treat! I’ve tried a fresh watermelon martini, but this is great, too! Since I’m allergic to citrus I couldn’t add any lemon or lime juice to mine, but it will definitely give it a good flavor. I’d prefer lemon juice myself. Others add triple sec (a mixture of bitters and sweet oranges), but this recipe for a fresh honeydew melon martini did me just fine! Very chilled and frothy on top. I’ve also included a link to gluten-free vodka brands. Enjoy!
Though it is claimed that all distilled products are gluten-free, you may wish to be on the cautious side and use a vodka made from potato, corn or grapes. See the brands listed in the Fresh Watermelon Martini recipe.
Fresh Honeydew Melon Martini
- 1 1/4 cup cubed honeydew melon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 1/2 shots vodka
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 shot of triple sec (optional)
- granulated sugar for rim (optional)
- sprig of mint for garnish (optional)
- Add melon, agave and vodka to blender; puree.
- Fill martini shaker 3/4 way full with ice; add mixture; and shake for about 30 seconds.
- If using, place granulated sugar in a saucer as wide as the rim of the martini glass. Wet rim of glass and dip into saucer.
- Pour martini mixture into glass and serve chilled.
Please drink responsibly.