This gluten free appetizer was a huge hit in our house for Thanksgiving! So yummy! They disappeared before they had a chance to cool off. The chicken remains moist and the bacon is crisp. Savor the slight smokiness of the paprika and the sweetness of the honey. I couldn’t ask for a better appetizer. This makes a great gluten free appetizer for any guest (on a gluten free diet or not), or for any special occasion. Tomorrow’s Black Friday. That should count, right?
An amazing, easy appetizer: chicken breast pieces, dipped in honey sauce, wrapped in bacon.
- 1 thin sliced chicken breast fillets
- 5 slices gluten free bacon (See Gluten Free Product List for brands.)
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter (or buttery spread, milk or water)
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or agave syrup for refined sugar-free)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 - 1 1/2" pieces.
- Mix honey, butter/water/milk and paprika in a shallow bowl; set aside. (The butter or honey will aid in browning.)
- Add chicken pieces to honey mixture and toss to coat well.
- Start rolling a piece of chicken with bacon and then cut as you go, as chicken piece sizes will vary. Seal with a wooden toothpick.
- Coat a baking rack with with cooking spray or oil.
- Place the rack in a baking pan, and place chicken pieces on the rack.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Place oven on high broil and broil with door open for 4-5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.