Because the bottom line to weight loss is calorie intake, I love Joy Bauer‘s recipes! And she has a selection of celiac disease recipes, and is also great for those with gluten intolerance or egluten sensitivity, or anyone on a gluten free diet. Not only are her recipes good for weight loss, but are labeled appropriately for heart health and much more. Thanks so much to Joy for this month’s gluten free oatmeal recipe! It was so yummy and easy and quick to make.
With this recipe calling for only 1 1/2 tablespoons of non-fat milk, it can easily be made dairy-free or vegan by using a dairy-free milk substitute, and your choice of sweetener. Now that’s what I call healthy!
Bob’s Red Mill brand of quick cooking oats is tested for gluten cross-contamination, in case you’re gluten intolerant. And onto Joy’s recipe…
This warm and cozy breakfast combines two heart-smart ingredients: whole grain oats and apples. Flavor it up with cinnamon and just the right amount of brown sugar, and you’ve got a homey, satisfying bowl of morning goodness.
Prep Time: 2 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 7 mins
Gluten Free Apple and Oat Cobbler
A tasty, healthy, low-fat, gluten free oatmeal recipe the entire family will enjoy!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oats, [gluten-free] old-fashioned, quick-cooking oats**
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoon sugar, brown, (may substitute granulated sugar, honey, maple syrup, or sugar substitute)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon milk, fat-free
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- In a small bowl, combine the oats with 1 cup water and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add half of the chopped apple, the brown sugar, and the milk and stir thoroughly. Top the oatmeal with the rest of the chopped apple and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Microwave the oatmeal for 1 additional minute and serve.
If you enjoy thinner oatmeal, add extra skim milk.
**Note: If your suffer from celiac disease, make sure oats are certified gluten-free.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 10 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 57 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Protein: 6 g
Learn more about Joy Bauer and her healthy recipes at www.joybauer.com.
Copyrighted 2012 Joy Bauer.com. Used with permission. All rights reserved.