This gluten free muffins recipe comes to us compliments of Robert Rose, Inc., publishers of 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt. What a delightful recipe! My entire family has enjoyed blueberry muffins for years, but to have a gluten free blueberry muffin would be heavenly! It’s been so long! And peach is one of my favorite fruits! Make sure you use a gluten-free yogurt. I enjoy FAGE Greek yogurt in my baked goods. It comes in non-fat, low-fat and whole. Enjoy these little goodies! A basket of these for Mother’s Day would make a wonderful gift!
As pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate, these attractive muffins make a sweet treat to serve in summer, at the height of peach and blueberry season.
Cookbook perfect, you'll enjoy these gluten free muffins with fresh blueberries and peaches from "250 Gluten-Free Favorites".
- 6-cup muffin tin, lightly greased
- 1 egg (1)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (150 mL)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil 25 mL
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (15 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups Make-Your-Own Muffin Mix [see link] (300 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped peaches (125 mL)
- 1/4 cup fresh or partially thawed frozen blueberries (50 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice until combined. Add muffin mix and cardamom; mix until just combined. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove from pan immediately and let cool completely on a rack.
We defrosted small frozen blueberries in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 45 seconds on High. For large blueberries, double the microwave time and check for partially thawed.
To make a dozen muffins, double all ingredients.
For a milder spice flavor, use ground mace or nutmeg instead of the cardamom.
Substitute chopped plums for the blueberries.
Carla's Note: Only corn-free if you use a corn-free baking powder such as Featherweight brand.
|Fat, total||7 g|
|Fat, saturated||1 g|
Excerpted from 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt © 2009 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.