When’s the last time you had a piece of Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie? I have to say the combination of yellow cake, custard and chocolate ganache is my dream cake. I used to request it every year as a child when my birthday came around, even into adulthood. I haven’t had one in years, and now I can finally can have Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie, and so can you! Enjoy this gluten-free recipe! I surely did!
A moist yellow cake with a rich custard and chocolate ganache. Your gluten eating friends will never know it's a gluten free boston cream pie!
- Gluten Free Vanilla Pudding (dairy-free option) or Gluten Free Custard or Gluten Free Bavarian Cream
- 1 recipe of Gluten Free Yellow Cake (makes 2 layers)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon milk (any variety)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Make your desired filling above and cool in the refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Make the Gluten-Free Yellow Cake according to directions.
- Place one cake layer on a plate upside down (round side on the bottom).
- Place the desired amount of custard, pudding or Bavarian cream in the center of the cake, avoid the outer edges, about 1 inch because when you place the top layer on it will push the custard/pudding out the sides of the cake.
- Make the chocolate Ganache by heating the whipping cream and milk in a small sauce pan to almost a boil.
- Add chocolate to a bowl; top with vanilla; toss to coat the chocolate with the vanilla.
- Pour whipping cream over chocolate; stir until well combined; allow to cool at room temperature. If you don't use it soon enough it will become too thick. In that case just zap it in the microwave in 5 second increments and stir until melted. Or, place bowl over a hot pan of simmering water and stir until melted more, but not hot.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top, and allow to drip down some of the sides. Voila! You have yourself a Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie!