When’s the last time you had a piece of Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie? I have to say the combination of yellow cake, custard and chocolate ganache is my dream cake. I used to request it every year as a child when my birthday came around, even into adulthood. I haven’t had one in years, and now I can finally can have Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie, and so can you! Enjoy this gluten-free recipe! I surely did!
Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie
A moist yellow cake with a rich custard and chocolate ganache. Your gluten eating friends will never know it's a gluten free boston cream pie!
- Make your desired filling above and cool in the refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Make the Gluten-Free Yellow Cake according to directions.
- Place one cake layer on a plate upside down (round side on the bottom).
- Place the desired amount of custard, pudding or Bavarian cream in the center of the cake, avoid the outer edges, about 1 inch because when you place the top layer on it will push the custard/pudding out the sides of the cake.
- Make the chocolate Ganache by heating the whipping cream and milk in a small sauce pan to almost a boil.
- Add chocolate to a bowl; top with vanilla; toss to coat the chocolate with the vanilla.
- Pour whipping cream over chocolate; stir until well combined; allow to cool at room temperature. If you don't use it soon enough it will become too thick. In that case just zap it in the microwave in 5 second increments and stir until melted. Or, place bowl over a hot pan of simmering water and stir until melted more, but not hot.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top, and allow to drip down some of the sides. Voila! You have yourself a Gluten Free Boston Cream Pie!
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.