Have you ever made any of Carol Fenster‘s recipes for gluten free cupcakes or cakes? If not, you’re in for a decant delight! She’s an internationally recognized gluten free expert, author of several titles, consultant, teacher, speaker, and more! Check out her gluten free chocolate cupcakes recipe below. You won’t regret it. Enjoy!
Author and gluten free expert Carol Fenster's Vanilla Cupcakes!
- 1 ¼ cups Carol's Gluten-Free Flour Blend (see link for recipe)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa (not Dutch)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup butter or buttery spread, Earth Balance, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ¾ cup warm (110ºF) coffee or water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter or buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- ½ teaspoon corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients, except coffee, in large bowl and blend with electric mixer. Add coffee and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Generously grease standard 12-cup nonstick (gray, not black) muffin pan or use paper liners. Divide batter evenly in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool thoroughly on rack.
- Make the frosting: In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients together with electric mixer on Low speed until well blended. Frost cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles, if using.
By Carol Fenster, Blog at Carol Fenster Cooks.