I was planning on improving my cinnamon roll recipe today, but it dawned on me that I could make one huge cinnamon roll by making a gluten free coffee cake. Then things took off from there and I used strawberry jam instead of a brown sugar and cinnamon filling. You can use either and I have included the recipe for the cinnamon filling. This is a light, cake-like texture and weight. For a heavier gluten free coffee cake use less milk. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Coffee Cake – Strawberry or Cinnamon Swirl
This amazing gluten free coffee cake taste like real coffee cake!
- Heat oven to 375°F. Oil a a 7, 8 or 9-inch round cake or pie pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar on medium low or by hand.
- Add butter in a little bit at a time, as to not cook eggs; add vanilla and milk; mix again on medium-low.
- Add flour blend and beat until smooth.
- Reserve about 2/3 cup of batter. Spread rest of batter in the prepared pan.
- Drop 1/2 tablespoons of jam over batter and spread as much as possible. If using cinnamon filling, mix ingredients together well until crumbly and substitute for jam.
- Drop the remaining batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the top of the filling.
- Bake 25 minutes or until very golden brown. The areas where you have jam may appear to be uncooked, but is not.
- While the cake is baking, add powdered sugar to a cup; add melted butter and stir until sugar is melted and well mixed. Add milk and vanilla and stir well. Baste over warm coffee cake.
- Serve warm. Store leftovers covered. Refrigerate if not using right away within a couple of days.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also be interested in my Gluten Free Apple Coffee Cake, or whichever pie filling you desire to use.