I have had a number of requests from my readers and Facebook fans for a good vegetarian/vegan gluten-free cookbook. Carol Fenster’s recently published 125 Gluten-Free Vegetarian Recipes is now available to all! It not only provides us with typical vegetarian recipes, but is presented in the standard gluten-free cookbook fashion, providing us with all of reminders when to look for a gluten-free product. This is a great gluten-free cookbook whether you’re a vegetarian or not! And by the way, it contains bonus baking recipes for vegans!
Carol provides us with 7 reasons to eat a plant-based diet. A few of them are:
- maintain a healthy weight
- reduce the risk of heart disease
- increase energy
- improve digestion by increasing fiber and whole grains
- overall well being
Of course there are the typical reasons why people choose a vegetarian diet, but I thought the ones listed above may give you food for thought.
So far I have made 2 of her recipes from this vegetarian and gluten-free cookbook:
I have to tell you the scones were wonderful! And though I didn’t have any luck with the deep-fry method of the falafel, the baked method turned out great and was very flavorful. Though I may cut back on the cayenne in the dill yogurt sauce next time. I like just a little heat. My husband enjoyed them both very much! He’s devoured the scones. They sure were moist compared to most scones.
The publishers of 125 Gluten-Free Vegetarian Recipes has kindly offered to sponsor a giveaway of Carol’s new book. Check it out below. It’s very easy to enter! And for those of you new to blogging, your email address only shows up for me to view. Good luck!
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
Open to all U.S. shipping addresses.
One lucky winner each will receive the following:
- 1 copy of 125 Gluten-Free Vegetarian Recipes cookbook
How to Enter This Gluten-Free Giveaway and Ways of Entering Additional Times
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this on giveaway/review on Twitter and mention “@GFrecipebox“, and leave me a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Follow Carol Fenster on Twitter (@carolfenster) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on September 11, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on September 13, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on September 12, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Tropical Traditions.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on September 12, 2011.
Disclaimer: The publishers, Avery/Gotham of Penguin Group USA, provided us with a review copy of this book, and we were under no obligation to review it we so chose. Nor were we under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the review copy.
And the winner is…
Heather has until 11:59pm PST on September 19, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with her U.S. shipping address and phone number. If she does not respond within that time period, a new winner will be chosen.
The winner was chosen at random using random.org: