Last year I had a request for a good gluten free cornbread stuffing recipe, but I hadn’t created a gluten free cornbread recipe, and never got around to it. So, this year, it is my top priority. Once you have a good gluten free cornbread recipe you can make any stuffing recipe you choose using that gluten free cornbread. Preferably it should be a soft, absorbable one. This recipe is more of a cake-style cornbread recipe, however, you can adjust it to create a more traditional gluten free cornbread for stuffing. Just increase the cornmeal by 1/4 cup, decrease the sugar by 1/4 cup and the butter by 1 tablespoon. But I love this light one, as a dessert. I think my hubby’s favorite foods are stuffing and cornbread, and he was in heaven with this gluten free corn bread recipe this morning, and he’s not 100% gluten free! With the adjustments above, hubby says it tastes just like cornbread. Enjoy!
Two recipes in one: a gluten free cornbread recipe for stuffing or dessert. Just make the suggested adjustments.
- 1/2 cup Carla's Gluten Free Cake Flour Blend Recipe
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used evaporated cane juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or salt
- 1/3 cup oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8x8" pan.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, oil, butter and eggs. Stir until all ingredients are moist. The batter will be very runny.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes and until golden brown.