In preparation for my development of a gluten free tiramisu recipe, I thought I’d share my easy homemade espresso recipe with you. Espresso is a rich, strong coffee which can be used in various coffee recipes such as cappuccino, latte, and even pumpkin latte, which I provide instructions below. Why visit Starbucks when you can make your own espresso recipes right at home and have them all completely gluten free?
A basic homemade espresso recipe with easy recipe variations including cappucino, latte and pumpkin latte.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee (French or other dark roast)
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Line a coffee machine with a filter made to fit your particular machine. Add the coffee grinds to the filter.
- Add the water to the location specified in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Brew until water has stopped dripping.
- Serve immediately or use in a number of various coffee recipes as mentioned in the tips are below.
Cappuccino: Beat hot milk in a blender or with a mixer until foam forms. Add to 2/3 cup hot milk and 1/3 cup expresso to a cup; stir; and top with plenty of foam.
Latte: Same as cappuccino recipe above, accept with a little less foam.
Pumpkin Latte: Same as cappuccino recipe above, accept when heating milk, add 2 teaspoons pure pumpkin puree, 2 teaspoons sugar (or sugar-free substitute), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Process coffee and milk mixture in a blender until foamy; pour into a tall cup; and top with foam, and pumpkin spice, if desired.