Carol Fenster, an internationally renowned and awarded gluten free expert and author, who contributes to my blog once a month, created this flavorful gluten free gazpacho recipe. I absolutely love the ideas of serving them as shooters. What a great summer party idea. I hope this recipe is the talk of your 4th of July party or other summer event. Enjoy!
Whether served as shooters for appetizers or in bowls for an entree, this gluten free gazpacho recipe is refreshing and flavorful on a summer day.
- 2 1/2 cups tomato juice, divided
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- ½ to 1 jalapeno, seeds and veins removed, coarsely chopped (or to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 whole English cucumber, plus 12 very thin half-slices for garnish
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- In a food processor, puree 1 cup of the tomato juice along with the onion, pepper, garlic, and lime juice.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the cucumber, celery, 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, and the remaining tomato juice. Divide evenly among 12 (2-ounces each) shot glasses and serve chilled, garnished with a half-slice of cucumber and the remaining cilantro as garnish.
Copyrighted 2012. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from 125 GF Vegetarian Recipes by Carol Fenster (Avery/Penguin Group, 2011)
Learn more about Carol through one of her partnered websites, www.GfreeCuisine.com.