Tropical Traditions recently sent me a couple of their products to sample, Gluten Free Organic Whole Golden Flax Seed and Gluten Free Organic Raw Canadian Honey. I love their products, as they are healthy and natural!
I ground some of the flax seeds in my food processor on fine and added it to my Gluten-free Oat and Flaxseed Sandwich Bread recipe. I cannot tell you how fresh the fragrance was! I don’t think I’ll ever want to purchase flax seed meal again! Making your own is so easy! You end up with a more nutritious product in the end, as it is fresh!
Gluten Free Organic Raw Canadian Honey
This raw honey is not potent with a honey flavor. It is very mild, therefore, can be used as a sweetener without overpowering the dish with a honey flavor. I love to sweeten my recipes naturally, without refined sugar whenever possible. Raw honey has not been process, like the honey you purchase in the store. Raw honey is not runny like the store-bought varieties, either. It is firm. You need to scoop it out with a spoon. When heated higher than 115°F, food looses its nutrients, microwaving removes 99% of nutrients. Therefore, if you wish to melt the honey, be sure to do so at a low temperature to preserve all health benefits.
You can use raw honey in all sorts of great recipes: salad dressing, beverages, ice cream, whipped cream, atop fruit, cereal, and more! If you chose to heat it, it can be used in almost any of your baked goods, as well.
Check out all Tropical Traditions’ gluten-free products.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- Gluten Free Organic Whole Golden Flax Seed
- Gluten Free Organic Raw Canadian Honey
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
Tell us what extra things you have done below in your comment:
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you why to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Retweet this post dated June 17, 2011(http://twitter.com/#!/GFrecipebox/status/81726124018761729) from “GFrecipebox“, by using “RT @GFrecipebox” in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the 328 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- “Like” Tropical Traditions on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter (@Troptraditions) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter and enter a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on July 1, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on July 5, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that time period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on July 2, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Tropical Traditions.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on July 2, 2011.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
And the winner is…
Theresa has until 11:59pm PST on July 5, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with her U.S. shipping address and phone number. If she does not respond within that time period of time, a new winner will be chosen.
This winner was chosen at random using random.org: