This gluten free graham cracker pie crust recipe is made in one simple step. There is no need to make homemade gluten free graham crackers and then crumble them up. Nor is there need to purchase gluten free graham cracker crumbs, though you may. I created this recipe prior to any gluten free crumbs commercially available. I have used this basic recipe as it is, and in various other ways. This crust is perfect for a gluten free cheesecake recipes. You can add finely chopped nuts or flax seed, depending upon your dietary needs and desires. It is works well for pies and non-baked gluten-free desserts. Enjoy!
A delicious gluten free graham cracker crust recipe that you make in one pan. There is no need to make homemade graham crackers and crumble them.
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup white or brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch (or potato starch if corn-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (or guar gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon thin honey (or agave for vegans)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons warm water (warm enough to dissolve honey)
- 3/8 cup (1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons) unsalted butter (or Earth Balance Dairy-Free Spread)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients for crust.
- With a pastry cutter or 2 knives cut butter into dry ingredients.
- Add water, honey and vanilla together in a cup and whisk thoroughly; add to dry ingredients and blend until a dough is formed.
- Press the dough onto the bottom of a 10" springform pan and up the sides about 1/4" to 1/2".
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. If you see the crust browning remove it immediately. Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Then fill with cheesecake filling and bake as usual or with other non-baked fillings.