Dr. Oz recently shared a canned salmon salad recipe on his show. I do not eat salmon, but adapted his recipe to my liking and around my food allergies, used canned chicken breast instead; and added the mixture to my gluten-free bread roll. I love Indian food and the turmeric was a refreshing touch! If you like Indian food you will most likely enjoy this recipe. It contains Greek yogurt versus mayonnaise, making it a healthier choice, yet a real treat!
Gluten Free Low Fat Chicken Salad, Indian Style
A gluten free, low-fat, chicken salad recipe with an Indian flair. The seasoning used is known to help fight inflammation.
- 1 (12.5 oz can) chicken breast, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or gluten-free white vinegar
- fresh ground pepper taste
- Toss everything into a small bowl and blend with a fork.
- Spread on gluten-free bread or roll.
- Add your favorite condiments such as lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers, etc.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.