As soon as I saw the title of this recipe, I knew that I just had to share it with you all. Peach cobbler is so yummy, as are these muffins. This recipe was contributed by Elizabeth Kaplan, the author of Fresh From Elizabeth’s Kitchen: Gluten Free & Allergy Free Recipes, and the owner of The Pure Pantry gluten free baking products. She provides us with her gluten free flour recipe blend or you may use The Pure Pantry all-purpose baking mix. Stay tuned in for my review of her cookbook and one of our product reviewers will soon review some of her mixes. Enjoy!
Moist gluten free muffins much like peach cobbler. Heaven in a cupcake paper!
- 1 1/2 cups Elizabeth’s Flour Blend plus 1 tsp. baking soda and 1 tsp. baking powder) or (1 ½ cups organic gluten-free All Purpose Baking Mix from The Pure Pantry)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup agave nectar, preferably Nature’s Agave Amber variety
- 1/4 cup millet flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs (or equivalent egg replacer)
- 5 fresh peaches peeled and diced (or one-29 ounce can peaches, drained well and diced)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk of choice (rice, almond or coconut)
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare muffin pan by spraying with baking spray.
- In large bowl, mix baking mix, (add baking soda and baking powder if using Elizabeth’s Flour Blend) brown sugar, millet flour, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In separate bowl whisk eggs. Add chopped peaches, vanilla, oil, agave nectar and milk. Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture: stir by hand just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Sprinkle top of muffins with ¼ teaspoon raw sugar. Bake 20 minutes or until tested done.
© Recipe and photo excerpted from Fresh from Elizabeth’s Kitchen: Gluten-Free & Allergy-Free Recipes by Elizabeth Kaplan, Founder of The Pure Pantry. Copyrighted 2011. All rights reserved.