The kids are either back to school or getting ready to do so, and it’s back to a busy schedule for some. Whether you have children or just a busy schedule, this pork loin and potatoes recipe with a sweet and savory glaze may help you deal with this busy time, as this is one of my easy, 30 minute gluten free dinner recipes. It’s so tender!
Time Saver Tip
If you are making this recipe for only 2 pork loin chops, keep the recipe the same, and use the left over potatoes another night along with a different type of meat.
A sweet and savory pork loin chop and potatoes recipe, quick for weeknight dinners, yet special enough for guests.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, washed well, cubed
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or garlic olive oil and skip garlic below)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free balsamic vinegar*, divided
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons organic honey
- 1/4 cup gluten free chicken broth (or water)
- Add potatoes to a glass bowl; cover with plastic wrap; with a knife, poke 4 small holes in the plastic wrap; and microwave for about 10 minutes on high. Uncover, carefully allowing the steam to escape; set aside to cool a bit.
- Preheat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. While it is preheating, baste the pork loin chops with a little of the balsamic vinegar; and pepper, to taste. If using, add the garlic and cook until aromatic; remove the garlic; and set aside.
- Add the chops and brown each side for about 3 minutes and cook until it reaches 160°F. Transfer the chops to a serving dish and cover.
- Cube the potatoes and add them to the skillet, stirring occasionally. Cook until slightly golden brown. Add the onions and cook until transparent, about 2 minutes. Leave heat element on.
Many balsamic vinegar brands contain sugar. Therefore, chose one that fits your diet needs.