Whether cooking for a small group or a large crowd, gluten free pork tenderloin is an easy, yet elegant main course. I chose to cook two pork tenderloins, one 2.75 pounds, and the other 2.65 pounds. A half pound per person is sufficient, and will most likely yield some left overs. This gluten free pork tenderloin recipe is no different than any other pork tenderloin recipe, other than gluten free starch was used to thicken the gravy. One very particular guest mentioned that this was no too highly seasoned, but just right. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Pork Tenderloin
A flavorful pork tenderloin recipe great for a crowd, and a crowd pleaser!
- 5 or more lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon gluten free chipotle sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 small garlic cloves
- fresh ground sea salt and black pepper.
- 4 Tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim excess fat from tenderloins.
- Place tenderloins in a roasting pan.
- In a small sauce pan, heat last next 4 ingredients (vinegar, jam, chipotle sauce, and red wine) and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the tenderloins.
- Mix the seasonings (fresh rosemary, basil, salt, and pepper) in a small bowl and mix well.
- Make little slits in the 3 places on each tenderloin and push the cloves of garlic in each hole.
- Top the tenderloins with the seasoning mixture.
- Pour olive oil on top.
- Bake for about 90 minutes at 350°F.
- Increase temperature to 400°F, and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Turn heat off on oven and continue to bake until internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 15 more minutes. The loin will be medium, once rested. Cook longer for well done meat.
- Remove from oven and place on a carving board to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the juices from the pan to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Mix 1 tablespoon potato starch and 1 1/2 tablespoons water together, and pour into boiled sauce. Stir until thickened.
- Cut tenderloins diagonally, in 1/2" slices or paper thin, however you wish.
- Drizzle the gravy over the center of the slices on each serving plate.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.