Today I provide you with another healthy recipe from Joy Bauer. With only 380 calories, I must say, this gluten free salad is more than a meal! It made me really think how much one can eat, not go hungry, and still lose weight. I skipped the tomatoes due to allergies, but definitely add them if you can. Though you only use 2 tablespoons of her light balsamic vinegiarette dressing, this salad is packed with flavor. And isn’t that what we miss when we’re dieting? If you’re trying to lose weight or just health conscience, this salad is a must for your gluten free recipe list. And perhaps after consuming some goodies on Father’s Day, it may be just the right fit!
Total Time: 15 mins
Joy Bauer's delicious Super Salad with Grilled Chicken - low-cal, low-fat and gluten free, with just 380 calories.
- 4 cups lettuce, (romaine, baby spinach, or mesclun mix)
- 1 small chicken, breast (cooked), cooled and sliced (approximately 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup beans, garbanzo (chickpeas), (if canned, rinse and drain thoroughly)
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded, or chopped
- 1/4 cup pepper, bell, any color, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, red, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Joy's Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Top the lettuce with the sliced chicken, chickpeas, and vegetables. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette.
Learn more about Joy Bauer and her healthy recipes at www.joybauer.com.
Copyrighted 2012 Joy Bauer.com. Used with permission. All rights reserved.