I received a couple of Udi’s Gluten Free Pizza Crust to review. Because I am allergic to tomatoes, I often end up having a no sauce pizza or a pesto pizza. This time I came up with a sauce I can have, taco sauce without tomatoes! Why didn’t I ever think of that before, I do not know why! My husband tasted my pizza and liked it better than his! This recipe is much lower in sodium than most pizzas, too! Udi’s gluten free pizza crust made it delicious, as well! Now when you don’t have time to make your own gluten free pizza dough, you know what to buy.
A gluten free taco pizza that is just to die for! Top with taco fixings and you're all fixed up!
- 2 Udi's pizza crusts (comes in a package of 2)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free taco seasoning
- 6 Tablespoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- additional water
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly and coarsely chopped (depending upon tastes)
- 1/4 large green bell pepper, chopped finely (may substitute with diced green chile peppers) (optional)
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 1-2 cups
- If your pizza crusts are frozen, remove them from the packaging and place them on a baking sheet to defrost; set aside.
- Preheat frying pan to medium-high; add ground beef and stir, breaking up the pieces of beef.
- Lower heat to medium; add onion and bell pepper, if using; sauté until tender. You want to under cook the bell pepper, as it will cook another few minutes in the oven and will continue to cook while sitting in the pan while you are preparing the sauce.
- In a small sauce pan add taco seasoning and 4 tablespoons of water; stir; cook for about 5 minutes.
- Mix potato starch and 2 Tablespoons water together in a separate container; add to pan; and stir.
- Add additional water to make sauce thinner, as needed or cook longer to make thicker.
- Add sauce to pizza crusts and spread evenly.
- Add half the desired meat topping.
- Add desired amount of cheese.
- Add other half of meat.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes in oven.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a minute or so, slice and serve.
Gluten Free Taco Sauce Recipe
If you do not have any gluten-free taco seasoning just combine the following ingredients:
1 teaspoon each: chili powder, paprika, dehydrated onion flakes, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes 1 Tablespoon sugar.
When I make this I don't usually measure anything. I will do so and post the exact recipe soon.
You may top it all off with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
You may also be interested in: