What an incredible raw food cookbook! And not only do I review it, but the publisher is sponsoring a gluten free giveaway, as well! You’ll love Eat Raw, Eat Well whether you are just vegan, just raw or just gluten free, but all 3? – it’s a must have – with 400 recipes! The author, Douglas McNish is a chef, cooking teacher and raw food consultant. He’s super passionate about what he does and how he helps the physical and mental well-being of others, after improving upon his own health through weight loss and eating nutritious food. He’s even a two-time vegan iron chef winner, and a Certified Red Seal professional Vegan Chef.
When you heat food to over 118°F, others say (115°F), it removes the nutrients your body needs which may prevent disease. Others like eating raw because of weight loss. Either way, raw food is becoming more and more popular every day.
What’s can you find in Eat Raw, Eat Well?
- Herbed Pumpkin Seed Flatbread
- Buckwheat, Sunflower and Almond Breadsticks
- Apple Chia Crackers
- Avocado Fries
- Buckwheat and Sunflower Seed Pizza Crust
- Morning Energy Bars
- Garlic Spinach and Mushroom Tarts
- No-Crab Cakes
- Cinnamon Raisin Flax Bagels
- Lemon Cucumber and Dill Soup
- Red Beet Ravioli
- Kale Waldorf Salad
- Cashew Scallion Cream Cheese
- Sesame, Hemp and Carrot Slaw
- Moroccan Chickpea Stew
- Spicy Orange and Ginger Sesame Watercress
- Pecan Pie
- And much, much more!
Perhaps you didn’t expect to be able to make crunchy crackers or breads that are raw. With a few simple tools you can make just about anything you can make that is cooked. All you need to make the basics is a knife and cutting board. And if you desire, you can go all out and get a high speed blender, food processor or a dehydrator, making it all possible. Chef McNish is a culinary genius! However, eating raw can be as simple as eating raw food, but with his added touches you’ll become a culinary genius yourself!
Not only are there recipes in Eat Raw, Eat Well, but the he tells you how to equip a raw food kitchen, how best to purchase raw ingredients, how to transition to a raw food diet, and much more.
It is evident that each and every recipe was created by a culinary chef, as they are flavorful, creative and aesthetic (appealing to the eye, like a form of art). If I were going raw, this is how I would choose to go! – with Chef Douglas McNish by my side all the way! Kudos to him and his creativeness!
The publisher, Robert Rose, was generous in providing us with two recipes from this incredible gluten free raw food cookbook:
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- One copy of Eat Raw, Eat Well.
A Suggested Retail Value of $24.95.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
One entry per comment.
Giveaway open to U.S. and Canadian Residents.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Pinterest and leave your Pinterest link in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry).
- Repin this post on Pinterest and leave the link to your repin in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“ with a link to the giveaway, in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Robert Rose Books on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” @RobertRoseBooks on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @DougMcNish on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on May 18, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on May 19, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on May 22, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on May 19, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways!
And the winner is…
Congratulations, Mary! You have until 11:59pm PST on May 22, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with your U.S. shipping address and phone number. If you fail to reply, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: Robert Rose provided me with a free copy of this cookbook, and I was under no obligation to review it, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free book.