I created this gluten-free yellow cake recipe in order to make a Gluten-Free Boston Cream Pie. Oh my – my fave! And if you make a large batch of my Gluten-Free Cake Flour Blend then this is so easy to make! Of course, there are tons of things you can do with a gluten-free yellow cake, and I’m sure you already have your favorite in mind. You can add any type of filling or frosting. Enjoy!
A delicious gluten free yellow cake recipe made dairy-free, if desired. It makes an awesome gluten free Boston Cream Pie that is also dairy-free.
- 2 cups Carla's Gluten-free Cake Flour Blend
- 1-1/8 cups sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil (extra virgin olive oil, grape seed, vegetable, canola, etc.)
- 1 cup milk (cow's, almond, any high protein milk), room temperature or 80°F
- 3 jumbo (extra large) eggs (3/4 cup), at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Superfine white or brown rice flour, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously oil and dust with superfine rice flour, two 8" or 9" round cake pans; set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together sugar and eggs on low speed until just blended.
- Add oil and vanilla; beat on high for a few seconds, just until blended.
- Add milk, flour and salt alternately while beating on medium speed just until smooth. Scrape sides as needed.
- Pour into two round pans and even the tops out because if you do not your cake will be lopsided.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes; shake cake loose from pan if is stuck to the bottom by rotating the pan and shaking it with two hands.
- Remove from pans by turning it upside down onto your hand and then transferring it, down side down, onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
If you wish to experiment, I would add in one extra egg yolk to make it more yellow. It's a bit on the tan side because of the sorghum flour mostly, not to mention the brown rice flour.