I created this gluten-free yellow cake recipe in order to make a Gluten-Free Boston Cream Pie. Oh my – my fave! And if you make a large batch of my Gluten-Free Cake Flour Blend then this is so easy to make! Of course, there are tons of things you can do with a gluten-free yellow cake, and I’m sure you already have your favorite in mind. You can add any type of filling or frosting. Enjoy!
A delicious gluten free yellow cake recipe made dairy-free, if desired. It makes an awesome gluten free Boston Cream Pie that is also dairy-free.
- 2 cups Carla's Gluten-free Cake Flour Blend
- 1-1/8 cups sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil (extra virgin olive oil, grape seed, vegetable, canola, etc.)
- 1 cup milk (cow's, almond, any high protein milk), room temperature or 80°F
- 3 jumbo (extra large) eggs (3/4 cup), at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Superfine white or brown rice flour, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Generously oil and dust with superfine rice flour, two 8" or 9" round cake pans; set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together sugar and eggs on low speed until just blended.
- Add oil and vanilla; beat on high for a few seconds, just until blended.
- Add milk, flour and salt alternately while beating on medium speed just until smooth. Scrape sides as needed.
- Pour into two round pans and even the tops out because if you do not your cake will be lopsided.
- Bake for about 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10-15 minutes; shake cake loose from pan if is stuck to the bottom by rotating the pan and shaking it with two hands.
- Remove from pans by turning it upside down onto your hand and then transferring it, down side down, onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
If you wish to experiment, I would add in one extra egg yolk to make it more yellow. It's a bit on the tan side because of the sorghum flour mostly, not to mention the brown rice flour.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.