Dr. Vikki Petersen provided us with another recipe from her own kitchen; this time her Gluten Free Goulash Recipe. This recipe is so easy to make! A definite to add to your weeknight cooking regiment. Looks yummy, doesn’t it? Enjoy!
An easy gluten free goulash recipe using jarred sauce with grass-fed beef or turkey.
- 1 lb ground dark-meat turkey or grass-fed beef
- 1 -2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 package gluten-free noodles (I prefer Tinkyada spirals)
- ½ bottle of your favorite gluten-free pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Put a pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- When it’s boiling add the pasta and follow the package directions for cooking. (Note that rice pasta shouldn’t be overcooked as some brands get “mushy”.)
- While the pasta is cooking, heat up a non-stick pan with your oil of choice on medium heat.
- Add the meat, salt and pepper and brown the ground meat until no pink remains.
- Add the sauce to the meat and heat it through.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the meat and sauce mixture. Add more sauce if needed to suit your taste.
- Serve and top with parmesan cheese.
You can serve this with a green salad or steamed vegetable of your choice. For young children who are picky vegetable eaters, considering adding finely chopped cooked carrots, zucchini and/or broccoli to the pasta sauce.
Dr. Vikki Petersen