This gluten free pancakes recipe was contributed by Joy Bauer, nutritionist for NBC’s The Today Show. Joy is well known for her healthy recipes. I love that these are made with lots of egg white, though you’d never know. I didn’t have any gluten free quick cooking oats on hand so I soaked regular gluten free oats in the egg whites for about 10 minutes and used agave instead of granulated sugar. I also chose to cover the pan to ensure they cooked all of the way through. Usually with regular oats you need a tad bit more liquid. I think I’ll add a bit of water, too next time, or perhaps some of my homemade almond milk. I topped my pancake off with some pure organic maple syrup. They were very yummy gluten free pancakes for being so very healthy! Enjoy!
A healthy, high-protein, low-cholesterol, low-fat gluten free pancake recipe that happens to be delicious!
- 1/2 cup oats, rolled, quick cooking *
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar, granulated, (may use sugar substitute if diabetic)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground, (optional)
- Generously coat a skillet with oil spray and preheat over medium heat.
- In a small bowl whip together all of the ingredients. Pour the mixture onto the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, on each side.
(1) *Note: For celiac disease, make sure oats are certified gluten-free. (2) For a moister pancake, cover the skillet with a lid while the pancake is cooking.
About This Recipe