This recipe is a great way to make homemade gluten-free muffins! This muffin mix recipe comes to us compliments of Robert Rose, Inc., publishers of 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt © 2009. It really is a healthy choice considering the whole grain flours used. If you’re tired of using a different gluten-free muffin recipe for each variation of muffins, look no further! Definitely a must try! Stay tuned in for tomorrow’s post, a muffin recipe from this cookbook, using this muffin mix recipe!
We continually receive special requests for a soy-free muffin mix that will make just a half-dozen muffins. This recipe answers those requests.
Why purchase a mix when you can make your own healthy gluten free muffin mix right at home using whole grain flours.
- 1 1/4 cups sorghum flour (300 mL)
- 2/3 cup amaranth flour (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour (150 mL)
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp potato starch (25 mL)
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch (25 mL)
- 1/3 cup white (granulated) sugar (75 mL)
- 1 tbsp GF baking powder (15 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum (4 mL)
- 3/4 tsp salt (4 mL)
- In a large bowl, combine sorghum flour, amaranth flour, brown rice flour, quinoa flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt. Mix well.
- Divide into three equal portions of about 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) each. Seal tightly in plastic bags, removing as much air as possible. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let warm to room temperature and mix well before using.
Stir the mix before spooning very lightly into the dry measures. Do not pack.
Be sure to divide the mix into three equal portions. Depending on how much air you incorporate into the mix and the texture of the individual gluten-free flours, the total volume of the mix can vary. The portions will be about 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) each.
|Fat, total||1 g|
|Fat, saturated||0 g|
Excerpted from 250 Gluten-Free Favorites by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt © 2009 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.