Jules E. Dowler Shepard has written the wonderful “Jules Gluten-Free Cookie Mix” eBook“, and she has so generously offered to sponsor a gluten-free giveaway of not only her ebook, but an entire gluten-free cookie package which contains 6 bags of her famous gluten-free cookie mix! Valued at $54.80 (or 69.65 value if purchased separately)! Read my review below and enter this giveaway!
The ebook contains the following recipes:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies… Ever
- Cherry-White Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cranberry-Nut Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Everything Cookies
- Ginormous Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies
I made some of her cookies and they tasted wonderful! She has created these recipes so that they can easily be made dairy-free, as well as gluten-free, by using Ener-G Egg Replacer and Earth Balance Buttery Sticks and Shortening Sticks. They were delicious! I know when using any recipe from this eb00k that will be delicious, as Jules will not publish a cookie recipe that doesn’t take like the real thing!
Another great thing about this gluten-free cookie ebook is that nutritional information is provided for each recipe.
My father is visiting us and I just had to make the “Everything Cookies” recipe, as one of the suggestions was pistachio nuts! My Dad loves them! Along with some dried cranberries and Macadamia nuts , he was in seventh heaven, as was my husband (who doesn’t really care for nuts). Dad was completely unaware that they were gluten-free! So, you know they’re good!
The next batch I make will be for the hubby will be the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yum! I know I’ll enjoy those, as well.
Each bag of Cookie Mix makes 50-60 cookies. You can mix up an entire batch with one bag and can freeze any dough you do not wish to bake for future use. The mix contains Expandex® which adds a great texture, helps in rising and adds shelf life to gluten-free products. Expandex is a gluten-free modified tapioca starch.
You can really get creative with this recipe, as the add-ins really can be whatever you wish! However, the recipe ebook is indispensable, as a little bit of orange peel or coconut can make a huge difference. The mix contains sugar, therefore most of the recipes from Jules Gluten-free Cookie Mix eBook does not call for sugar accept for two of them. Your add-ins may make them sweeter, but they can be enjoyed and still taste sweet without them. The flour mixture is a perfect combination!
If you are dairy-free or nut-free, you can use dairy-free chocolate chips. If you are not nut-free you can also use peanut butter chips. A couple of brands diary-free chocolate chips are Enjoy Life (also corn-free) and Ener-G. Please note that this mix contains corn. See all the nutritional information.
The Gluten-free Giveaway!
One lucky winner will receive the following:
Cookie Mix Value Pack
- Package includes 6 bags of Jules Gluten-Free Cookie Mix (each making 50-60 cookies);
- Jules’ Cookie Mix e-Book (contains 11 spectacular recipes that can all be made with this Cookie Mix); and
- Free Shipping & Handling
How to Enter
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you why to enter. (mandatory)
Ways of Entering Additional Times
Tell us what extra things you have done below in your comment. Each comment counts as one entry.
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Retweet this post dated March 16, 2011 on Twitter from “GFrecipebox“ by using “RT @GFrecipebox” in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the 328 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Follow JulesGlutenFree on Facebook and leave a separate comment below stating you did so.
- Follow Jules on Twitter (@JulesGlutenFree) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on April 30, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on May 3, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on May 1, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Jules Gluten Free.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on May 1, 2011.
Disclaimer: Jules Gluten Free provided me with free samples of their products to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
And the winner is…
Daily Woman has until 11:59pm PST on May 4, 2011 (winner announced one day late) to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with her name, U.S. shipping address and phone number. If she does not respond within that time period, a new winner will be chosen.
The winner was chosen at random using Random.org: