Kathy Smart, recently taped a show on The Dr. Oz Show. She’s known for her healthy gluten free recipes, and is the first gluten free vegetarian TV show host in the world. When she was asked to create a gluten free pancakes recipe to fight prostate cancer she went right to work and developed the recipe below. As her monthly contribution to Gluten Free Recipe Box, she wanted to share it with you and all of the men in your life. Enjoy!
This recipe provides 60% of your daily intake of selenium- a mineral that has been shown to specifically fight protate cancer! Selenium also increases sperm production as well. Enjoy those mancakes!
"Mancakes" - a gluten free pancakes recipe which contains the nutritional content to help fight prostate cancer, as well as lower cholesterol and blood sugar levels
- ½ cup quick cooking gluten free oatmeal
- ½ cup cottage cheese*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil, olive oil spray* or butter to cook
- Puree all ingredients in a blender.
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium, brush bottom lightly with butter or coconut oil and fry pancakes on both sides until golden.
- Top with your favorite pancake topping such as pure maple syrup, fresh berries, almond butter or yogurt.
Studies have shown that just ½ teaspoon of cinnamon daily can significantly reduce LDL (bad cholesterol). Studies are also showing that cinnamon has regulatory effects on blood sugar levels- making it an excellent addition for anyone with diabetes Type 2 or any other blood sugar issues.
*Carla's Note: Ensure you read all labels to ensure they are gluten free: cooking sprays, cottage cheese (especially low- and non-fat),
Nutritional Analysis (per pancake)
- Calories 189
- Total Fat 6.9g
- Saturated Fat 2.1g
- Cholesterol 213.8g
- Sodium 249mg
- Potassium 189 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 15.6g
- Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugar 2.07
- Protein 16.7 g