Ani Phyo has been kind enough to share with us another one of her delicious vegan raw recipes, Mediterranean Wrap with Red Pepper from her cookbook, Ani’s Raw Food Essentials. Mmmmm! I love red pepper recipes and I love wraps. I really miss a good wrap. Now I have a healthy gluten free vegan raw way of making them! Check it out below!
This raw wraps recipe uses collard leaves for wrapping up vegetables, such as spinach, zucchini, black olives, and avocado, with a delicious Red Pepper Hummus.
- 2 large collard leaves
- 2 cups spinach, washed well
- 1/2 recipe Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, cut into long, thin spears
- 1/4 cup pitted, chopped black olives
- Cut the leaves away from the thick center stem of each collard leaf to make a total of four flat pieces.
- Top each collard section with spinach leaves.
- Spoon Red Pepper Hummus across the bottom edge of the shorter width of each leaf. Top with avocado, zucchini, and black olives.
- Roll up into a wrap and serve.
Will keep for up to a day at room temperature, or store for a day or two in fridge.