While surveying some of my Facebook fans on which products they would like me host a giveaway for, Namaste Gluten Free products came up. I use their all-purpose flour all of the time. It thicken sauces the best! My baking reviewer, Dr Danielle West-Stellick was the fortunate reviewer on these products. Read on to learn about some of their product and enter the giveaway to win them and more! Good luck!
Review and Ingredients
By Dr Danielle West, ND
One of the things I remember most from my pre-celiac days growing up when I could cook for myself was the excitement over the NEW chicken coating mix that came out where I could be in the kitchen with my mother and say “… and I helped.” The other thing was when I moved out on my own and suddenly skillet meals in a box were an inexpensive mainstay. Being gluten-free now, choices suddenly became slim or none. Until Namaste! When I opened the box of products for review I was overwhelmed with excitement! Gluten-Free Homestyle Coating Mix, Gluten-Free Pasta Pisavera AND cookie mix on top of it all!
For those of you who don’t know Namaste products, all products are manufactured in a 100% dedicated gluten-free facility, and all products are gluten, wheat, potato, soy, corn, casein, tree- and peanut, dairy and soy free! Namaste even has sugar-free baking mixes! With all that, you might wonder about taste – with Namaste that should be the least of your worries. All products are very flavor rich!
As I write this, several cookies fresh out of the oven are fueling me. As a chocolate and mocha lover, I thought I’d try the recipe on the cookie mix package for mocha cookies and since I was out of instant espresso, I just did my chocolate thing: cocoa like the mocha cookie recipe called for, chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Out of this world!!!! My husband is going to have to fight me for these, I can tell.
Ingredients: Evaporated cane juice, sweet brown rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour, arrowroot flour, rice milk powder, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, salt, baking soda, ground vanilla bean.
Homestyle Coating Mix
This mix offers so much flexibility, it’s a virtual must have on hands at all times in the pantry! Not only is this an incredibly tasty coating for simple baking (I baked chicken breasts to try it out), but next time I’m going to use it as a batter coating for frying chicken, and salmon! And, there’s even recipes on how to use this to coat homemade French fries!!! How awesome is that?!
Ingredients: Flax meal, sweet brown rice flour, brown rice flour, salt, tapioca starch, arrow root starch, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, sorghum flour, ascorbic acid, rice milk powder, sage, celery seed, thyme, savory, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, baking soda.
Once again, Namaste made dinner easy! I just added in a packaged of steamed Italian vegetables and some diced chicken breast and I was good to go! Gluten-free, simple and delicious! It doesn’t get better than that, particularly when time is limited! And, whilst gluten free pasta can be finicky to work with or taste a bit off, Namaste’s pasta is made from brown rice AND shelled hemp seed! It’s amazing!!
Ingredients: Vegetable pasta (brown rice, spinach powder, tomato powder, carrot powder, water), shelled hemp seed, tomato powder, salt, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning, granulated onion, silicon dioxide (added to prevent caking).
For purity of product and overwhelming taste, you can’t go wrong with Namaste’s coating mixes, pasta meals or cookie mix! Take a little trip back to your earlier non-gluten-free days, if appropriate, and enjoy now what you enjoyed back then and thought you had to give up!!!!
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
One (1) lucky winner will each receive the following:
- 1 Bag of Pasta Pisavera Meal
- 1 Bag of Home style Coating Mix
- 1 Bag of Cookie Mix
- 1 Living Without magazine
- 1 Re-useable Grocery Tote
- 1 Re-useable Grocery Tote
- 3 $1.00 off coupons
- 6 recipe cards
- Assorted company and product literature
Total Suggested Retail Value: $35.95
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below (mandatory), and then do additional steps for additional entries. Each comment counts as an entry.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory).
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this link (http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/namaste-gluten-free-products-review-and-giveaway) on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“ in your tweet, along with this link (http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/namaste-gluten-free-products-review-and-giveaway) to the giveaway, and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Carla on Pinterest. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other recipe or article on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in separate comments. Other giveaways do not count. And the comments do not count for other giveaways. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Namaste Foods on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @NamasteFoods on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on September 21, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on September 22, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on September 25, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on September 22, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using a contest software application.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Namaste provided the reviewer with free samples of their products to try, and I they were under no obligation to review them, if they so chose. Nor were they under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.
And the winner is…
Congratulations, Ashley! Way to go! You have until 11:59pm on September 25, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply your U.S. shipping address and phone number. If you do not reply within the above time frame a new winner will be chosen.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways.