If you haven’t heard of NuGO Slim Bars then you’re in for a real treat! These gluten free protein bars are rich in flavor, and are very satisfying. They sent us all 3 flavors: Raspberry Truffle, Roasted Peanut, and Brownie Crunch bars to taste-test. Wow! For being low in sugar, these bars are fantastic! I’ve had their NuGo Free bars, which I’ve always enjoyed, but the NuGo Slim Bars seem to taste better to me. Perhaps it is because I’m not a big sugar person. They are made with all natural ingredients. NuGO Slim Bars are made with a natural dietary fiber, chicory root. Then, they dip them in real dark chocolate which contains antioxidants and only adds 2g of sugar, but makes all the difference in the world when it comes to the taste. NuGO Slim is the only low sugar protein bar without artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols, like maltitol, which can cause gastric distress and and an aftertaste. They are certified gluten-free, Kosher, all-natural, 2g sugar, and high in protein and fiber.
The 3 bars that were sent to us range from 170-190 calories and contain 7 grams of fiber. Sugar amounts are all 2 grams and protein levels are between 15-16.
Allergens: Contains Milk and Soy. Manufactured on equipment that also processes products containing egg, peanuts, tree and nuts. Manufacturing practices and procedures in place to avoid cross contamination.
My fave was the Brownie Crunch, but I also enjoyed the, Raspberry Truffle, which is unusual, as I am not usually a fan of raspberry. My husband is a fan of peanuts, and absolutely loved the Roasted Peanut bar, as well as all of the other flavors.
NuGo was kind enough to sponsor a gluten free giveaway. See the details below.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
Two lucky winners will each receive the following:
- One mixed box of 12 NuGo Slim Bars.
A Suggested Retail Value of $18.00 each.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
One entry per comment.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Pinterest and leave your Pinterest link in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry).
- Repin this post on Pinterest and leave the link to your repin in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“, in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” NuGo Gluten Free on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @NuGoNutrition on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on May 6, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on May 7, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on May 10, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on May 7, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways!
Disclaimer: NuGo provided me with free samples of their products to try, and I was under no obligation to review them, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.
And the first winner is…
Congratulations, Cara! Please respond to the winner’s email notification and supply your U.S. shipping address and phone number by 11:59pm PST on May 10, 2012. If you do not respond within that time period a new winner will be chosen.
UPDATE: I forgot that there were 2 winners in this giveaway.
The second winner is…
Congratulations, Jordan! You have until June 1, 2012 to respond to the winner’s notification email to supply your U.S. shipping address. Again, congrats!