I cannot tell you how many times I’ve tried a gluten free baking mix and have been utterly disappointed. The Pure Pantry gluten free baking mixes are an exception, by all standards. The owner, Elizabeth Kaplan, author of “Fresh From Elizabeth’s Kitchen,” had such confidence that our baking reviewer would love these mixes that she also offered to sponsor a gluten free giveaway long before our review. You won’t want to miss this one, as her products are known to be exceptional! Read on to find out what our baking reviewer, Danielle has to say about these amazing gluten free baking mixes, and enter the giveaway!
The Pure Pantry Gluten Free Mixes – my new best friends
By Dr. Danielle West, ND
What a special treat to have been asked to review The Pure Pantry’s bakings mixes. I have to admit, when they arrived I was totally overwhelmed at having the opportunity to review ALL SEVEN of their mixes, but it turned into an absolutely delightful kitchen experience.
First of all, let’s talk about the products themselves, then I’ll tell y’all what I did with them… All products are gluten, dairy, casein, nut, egg and soy free; certified Kosher and Vegan; processed on gluten-free equipment, contain no refined sugars or preservatives – can it get any better? Well yes, gluten free baking mix bakes up and tastes incredible, either as directed or by getting creative. Let me explain and you’ll see how and why I am in love with this company and their mixes!
The organic buckwheat and flax pancake and baking mix made no fail pancakes, exactly as directed – light, fluffy and tasty. Directions so simple my husband was able to follow them without a hitch! And, just eating the pancakes I could imagine how perfect the mix was (and will be) for making the recommended banana nut bread recipe on the side of the package. The old fashioned chocolate chip cookie mix was divine, and it even had little mini chocolate chips which are my favorite. The organic sugar cookie mix was one of those definite stock up items before the holidays. To test and review, I made layered mocha cookie bars which were amazing, but the sugar cookie dough itself tasted so wonderful as I used it, as is, to layer the bars, they almost didn’t get into the oven. Now I can’t wait for Christmas and cookie cutters! With the wholegrain dark chocolate cake mix I used their recipe for chocolate pound cake, adding my peppermint chips and it was probably the best chocolate pound cake I’ve ever had. Perfection in a slice! Could it get any better? Yes!!! Their organix old fashioned pancake and baking mix made perfect scones! I’ve got to say, this mix totally outdid itself in my book! The final test – the organic all purpose baking mix made the perfect crust for my cherry cheese coffee cake! More of a cookie type crust which was outstanding, and now I can’t wait to make little tarts and more with the rest!
I’ve not found a refined sugar free mix of any type that tastes nearly as good as these mixes do, especially cookie and cake mixes! How can it be? Apparently only the wonderful folks at The Pure Panty know that secret….
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
Two lucky winners will receive each of 1 each of the following gluten free baking mixes from The Pure Pantry:
Gluten Free Wholegrain Dark Chocolate Cake Mix,
Gluten Free Organic Buckwheat Flax Pancake and Baking Mix,
Gluten Free Organic Sugar Cookies Mix,
Gluten Free Old Fashion Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, and
Gluten Free Organic All-Purpose Baking Mix.
Suggested Retail Value $35.00 per winner.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
One entry per comment.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“, in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Pinterest and leave your Pinterest link in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry).
- Repin this post on Pinterest and leave the link to your repin in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” The Pure Pantry on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @ThePurePantry on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on May 11, 2012.
- The winner will be announce at the bottom of this page on May 12, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on May 15, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on May 12, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
See all giveaways on our Gluten Free Giveaways page.
Disclaimer: The Pure Pantry provided us with free products, and I we were under no obligation to review them, if we so chose. Nor were we under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.