This sauteed Swiss Chard recipe, is another healthy Joy Bauer recipes. It is wonderful, and naturally gluten-free. Not only is it healthy, but is very flavorful. And if you have any leftovers you may add it to an omelette for a nutritious breakfast. I used it in a gluten free crepe recipe, which I post shortly. This sauteed Swiss chard is great with something as simple as scrambled eggs, and you can make it healthier by using some additional egg whites instead of all whole eggs; or eat it plain. I only had 3/4 pound of Swiss chard on hand. As you can see in the photo, it made about 2-3 servings. Joy believes 2 pounds is 2 servings. I really have to get with it on the veggie portions. Don’t I? It was perfect for me and the hubby, though, if there’s any left by the time he gets home. Enjoy! And thank you once again, Joy, for this delicious, healthy gluten free recipe!
A garlic flavored sauteed swiss chard recipe; naturally gluten free. Serve as vegetable, use in a casserole, or wrap in a crepe or tortilla, with your favorite fixings!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Swiss chard, fresh, red or green, thinly sliced
- Salt, Kosher, to taste
- Pepper, black ground, to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, warm the oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the Swiss chard and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 4 – 5 minutes, until the Swiss chard is soft and reduced by half in volume. Serve immediately.