Simply Shari’s Gluten-Free & Fabulous, is sponsoring a gluten free giveaway for their entire cookie line, brownie bites and macaroni and cheese. Their products are made in a dedicated gluten-free facility and their products are tested for gluten cross-contamination at the leading gluten testing lab at University of Nebraska every 6 months at under 5ppm (parts per million). You may read my review below, along with links to the list of ingredients, and enter the giveaway to win the products listed above.
In addition to the products listed above, they also carry gluten-free pizzas, and quinoa pasta with marinara sauce.
About the Owners
I spoke with two of the three co-owners, Shari Cole and Lawrence Schneider. Lawrence (Larry) is very active in the gluten-free community, and believe in giving back. He has celiac disease, is the Co-Founder of Simply Shari’s Gluten Free & Fabulous, and the President of the Affiliated American Celiac Sprue Association Foundation (AA CSA), a non-profit sister organization to the Celiac Sprue Association (CSA). Larry is also the co-author of a very well known cookbook, Hearthfelt Cuisine, which was listed on the National Institute of Health’s web site as a weight control, cardio-friendly cookbook with 14 doctor endorsements, most of which never endorse books. In 2008, the authors donated the book to the CSA. It may be purchased through the CSA at http://www.csaceliacs.info/cms/content/files/material-order-form-2011-01.pdf. All you have to do is substitute panko bread crumbs for gluten-free ones, where called for.
Cookies and Brownie Bites
I was going to leave this review up to my husband, as I have an old allergy that has come back into play, tapioca, out of all things. But the day they arrived I was mid making dinner and grabbed a couple of almond shortbread cookies and couldn’t stop eating them. They are delicious! And when my husband came home he agreed. He loved all of them, but we’ll be saving the shortbread cookies to use as a dessert crust. It would be perfect! The fudge brownies, lemon shortbread, and chocolate chip cookies were all good, but the almond shortbread are to die for!
Macaroni & Cheese
I’m not one for boxed mac & cheese, but it was perfect for a quick lunch the day it arrived, as I was swamped and knew I’d be working until midnight. I am usually very careful as to not over-stir any gluten free pasta to prevent mushiness. Well, there’s no problem with Simply Shari’s pasta, at all. You can stir and stir and it never gets soft or breaks up. It’s truly amazing! Perhaps the quinoa. So, if you or your kids miss Kraft macaroni and cheese, this would make a wonderful substitute!
See the links below for ingredients and nutritional information.
Gluten-Free Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Gluten-Free Almond Shortbread Cookies
Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Macaroni & Cheese
Simply Shari’s is available at such stores as Whole Foods, Kroger’s, even TJ Max and Marshall’s, and some products, in bulk quantities, on Amazon.com. Use the Simply Shari’s Store Locator to find the store nearest you.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
One (1) lucky winner will each receive the following:
- 1 package Gluten-Free Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- 1 package Gluten-Free Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 1 package Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies Cookies
- 1 package Gluten-Free Shortbread Cookies
- 1 package Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 package Gluten-Free Macaroni & Cheese
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below and then if you desire to enter more than once do any of the additional steps for additional entries.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory).
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“ with a link to the giveaway in your tweet and leave a separate comment below with your twitter handle. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Carla on Pinterest.
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Simply Shari’s on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @SimplySharis on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Simply Shari’s on Pinterest.
- By June 30, 2012 vote for Simply Shari’s Gluten Free on Chase‘s $250,000 Small Business Grant, and enter a separate comment below. (5 extra entries). To vote search by name “Simply Shari’s Gluten Free” and vote.
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on July 7, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on July 8, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on July 11, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on July 8, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Simply Shari’s provided me with a free gluten free products, and I was under no obligation to review them, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.
Check out all of the current Gluten Free Giveaways!
And the winner is…
Kelly has until 11:59pm PST on July 11, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply her U.S. shipping address and phone number. If she does not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen.