With the advent of the new year, I thought you would appreciate a healthier choice for a gluten free cookie recipe. This classic gluten free oatmeal raisin cookie recipe is made with ground oats instead of whole and is sweetened with stevia, dates, and as an option, less or non-refined brown sugar. You may use gluten free oat flour, if desired. Bon appetite!
Sugar-Free Dairy-Free Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
A healthy dairy-free gluten free oatmeal raisin cookie recipe that may be made sugar-free or refined sugar-free. The sweetness without all of guilt.
- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored cooking oil (grape seed, light olive oil, etc.)
- 2 Tablespoons nut or seed butter of choice (peanut, almond, or sesame seed/tahini)
- 2 Tablespoons non-fat Greek yogurt (or plain or applesauce)
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons healthy brown sugar (optional)
- 1/3 teaspoon pure powdered stevia (I use NuNaturals brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated stevia liquid (NuNatruals)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 7/8 cup gluten free oat flour*
- 7/8 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour containing gum
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Puree the dates and apple juice in a blender or small food processor.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine oil and nut/seed butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add egg and yogurt and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add brown sugar, powdered stevia, liquid stevia, vanilla, and date/juice mixture and beat just until combined.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk oat flour, gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together, and add it to the wet mixture. Beat on medium-low speed just until combined.
- If using, fold in walnuts using a rubber spatula or the paddle attachment of your mixer on low speed.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, and flatten a bit.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until golden brown at the bottom edges.
- Allow to cool in pan for 4 minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Tip: The addition of brown sugar makes these cookies a bit chewier. However, the dates make them chewy, as well.
*If you are grinding your own oats/oatmeal, note that 1 cup of oats is equal to 7/8 cup of oat flour.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.