Tropical Traditions sent me some of their gluten free millet (actual grain, not flour). It is certified organic, hulled millet (a whole grain). I grind it into a flour in my coffee grinder and have used it in making gluten-free bread and even throw a little in my morning protein shake, but leave it a little coarser. I feel really good about using freshly ground millet grain, versus millet flour because it provides more nutrients compared to flour which has just been sitting there for who knows how long. If you’d like an opportunity to try Tropical Traditions gluten-free millet, enter the giveaway below which is sponsored by Tropical Traditions.
Gluten free millet is also great in cooking. You can use it as a substitute for rice, or cream it like mashed potatoes. Per Whole Foods website, it is a good source of magnesium, making a heart healthy alternative; manganese; and phosphorus for helping to develop and repair tissue. In addition, because all whole grains are high in soluble fiber, they help to lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes. For more information on the health benefits of millet, see Millet on Whole Foods website.
You may find kitchen-tested recipes by Tropical Tradition on their blog at http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com! Just search under “Millet”.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
Two (2) lucky winners each will receive the following:
- 1 Tropical Traditions Gluten Free Millet 10 lbs., Suggested Retail Value $20.09 each
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Retweet this post dated August 21, 2011 from “GFrecipebox“, by using “RT @GFrecipebox” in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- “Like” Tropical Traditions on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter (@Troptraditions) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter and enter a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on September 4, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on September 7, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on September 5, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Tropical Traditions.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on September 5, 2011.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
And the winners are…
Jean Layton and Emily N.!
Congratulations to Jean and Emily!
Both winners have until 11:59pm PST on September 7, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner(s) will be chosen.
Winners were chosen at random using random.org.