Udi’s Gluten Free the makers of many wonderful gluten-free products has a new Gluten Free Friends (GFF) program. Even more than before, they are determined to support the gluten free community in every way that they can. I was asked to share my gluten free story and encourage you to do the same. I am also sharing coupons for three free Udi’s gluten free products of your choice to one lucky winner in a giveaway.
My Gluten Free Story
In 2005, I had some undiagnosed symptoms that were worrisome. In an attempt to diagnose me, I was tested for gluten intolerance by an alternative medical doctor. It was at Dr Vikki and Richard Petersen’s practice, HealthNow Medical Center. They are truly my GFFs. My results showed up in the high-normal range. Because they he hadn’t figured out what I had yet, it was suggested that I go on an allergy elimination diet. I did so, and I discovered that gluten definitely caused me some digestive issues. So, this is how my gluten story began.
Back then, it was difficult to even bake gluten free. There were not many gluten-free ingredients available. I was able to find soy flour and potato flour at my local health food store. I remember my delight when I found Italian chestnut flour online. This is when my love of developing gluten free recipes began.
Once the doctors discovered that my real issue was my thyroid, I fell off the gluten free bandwagon, thinking that was my only problem. However, I discovered gluten was still a problem for me. I ate gluten free, but used to cheat about once a month.
I had an injury, or so I thought (they are still trying to figure out that one.) Because I already knew that a gluten-free diet helped chronic pain, I began a strict gluten-free diet, never cheating. After one month of not having any gluten at all, it began to help my nerve pain.
I had started a blog, carlaspacher.com (no longer posting there), just prior to my injury, where I shared personal interests and recipes. My gluten free recipes were such a hit, I began this blog to share my recipes and information I learned through my research.
Things grew from there. Now I develop recipes for manufacturers such as KitchenAid and smaller wholesale companies. My consulting businesses in the retail, wholesale startups, and restaurant fields also began. Answers.com hired me to be their gluten-free expert this year. I also write for Natural Solutions magazine on a regular basis and have written for Alternative Medicine magazine and The Journal of Gluten Sensitivity.
It is wonderful doing what I love, cooking and helping people. And I do most of it from the comfort of my own home. There’s nothing like working in your pajamas, though the hours are long.
The gluten free community is such a supportive one. Many people on a gluten free diet have other food issues. People share ingredient substitutions, their recipes, advice, feedback on products, and whatever else they can share. We’re all friends.
Hopefully you consider me your GFF. By sharing my recipes for free and providing advice, I have your back, and Udi’s does, as well. They often support you and this blog with giveaways. Together, we ask that you share your gluten free story. It doesn’t have to be long. You may share your story via the GFF stories on the over one million fans of Udi’s Facebook Page, Twitter, and via their Instagram contest using the hashtag #GFF in your Twitter or Instagram post.
Udi’s is a Boulder Brands company. In addition to Udi’s they are the makers of Glutino’s gluten free products and Earth Balance dairy-free products. They sent me an Udi’s goodie package along with a couple of Glutino and Earth Balance products. Because many of their products contain tapioca, I can no longer eat them, but my husband does. He fell in love with their Dark Chocolate Brownie Bites! They are soft and chewy. That says a lot because he still eats gluten. I fell in love with their Jalapeno Cheddar Ancient Grain Crisps. I’m literally addicted! They aren’t that hot.
They also sent me snack sized packs of Glutino’s Pretzel Twists, Earth Balance Creamy Coconut Peanut Spread, Udi’s Harvest Crunch Muffins, Udi’s Salted Caramel Cashew Cookies, and Udi’s Mighty Bagels (with cranberries). We’ve enjoyed all of them (allergies permitting).
But that’s not all they sent me. They sent me three coupons for free Udi’s products. Because you are my GFF, I’d like to share. If you’d like to win them, enter the giveaway below.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. mailing addresses only.
One (1) lucky winner will receive the following:
- 3 coupons for the Udi’s Gluten Free products of your choosing (one free item per coupon)
The retail value of this prize will vary depending upon the items you choose (up to $20.00 depending upon where you shop – I’ve seen their bread selling for as much as $6.99 in one store, though the suggested retail price is much lower.)
How to Enter
Perform Step No. 1 below (mandatory). If you wish to do any of the other steps, each one will give you an extra entry. Therefore, leave a separate comment for each step you do. The winners are chosen by software that randomly chooses from the comments made.
- Comment on this post below, explaining why you wish to enter. (mandatory).
- Share your GFF story on Udi’s Facebook Page, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #GFF, and tell me what you did in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Like Gluten Free Carla on Facebook and tell me you did so below in a separate comment. If you’ve “liked” it previously, state so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook by posting, “Enter this #Giveaway to win 3 free Udi’s Gluten Free Products via @Gluten Free Carla. Enter through Oct 20 – http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/udis-gluten-free-friends-giveaway/.” on your Facebook wall, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. If you’re a previous follower, state so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Tweet about this giveaway on Twitter by copying and pasting the following: ” #Giveaway #Win 3 free @Udis #glutenfree products via @GFrecipebox http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/udis-gluten-free-friends-giveaway/ Thru Oct 20 ” and state you did so in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Follow any or all of my boards on Pinterest and leave a comment below stating what you did. If you’re already a follower state so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Follow Gluten Free Recipe Box on Instagram and state what you did in a comment below. If you’re a current follower, state so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Add Carla to one of your Google+ Circles such as “Acquaintances”, or any custom circle such as “Gluten Free” (1 extra entry) (optional)
- Leave a comment on any of the recipe or article pages on this site (not on this page), (limit 2), and state what you did below, in separate comments. Comments on other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment) (optional)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social networks and leave a separate comment below for each share you performed. (1 extra entry for each share). (optional)
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top-left side of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber state so. (1 extra entry) (optional)
See all the current Gluten Free Giveaways!
What you should know
- This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 20, 2013.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on October 21, 2013.
- The winner will have until 11:59 pm PST on October 24, 2013 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their full name, U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on October 21, 2013 to view the winner announcement. All shipping addresses, phone numbers and email addresses are kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using software that chooses from the comments you leave on this giveaway page.
Disclaimer: Udi’s Gluten Free provided me with free products, but I was under no obligation to review them. Nor was I under any obligation to write a review, positive or otherwise. I did, however, agree to share their new GFF program as well as my gluten free story.
And the winner is…
Congratulations! You are the winner in the Udi’s coupon giveaway. Once you reply to this email with the information requested below, I will mail the coupons to you.
Marieann has until 11:59 pm PST, on October 23, 2013, to reply to this winner’s notification email to supply her full name and U.S. shipping address. If she does not reply within this time period, a new winner will be chosen.