You may have already seen my other Gluten Free Granola Bars recipe made with chocolate chips. This one we tweaked a bit by adding more walnuts along with the almonds. ou can use any nuts you like, but using at least one soft nut is helpful for this recipe. For those who cannot tolerate oats, these are perfect. Homemade granola bars are one of our family favorites. I hope you enjoy it, too!
An oat-free, refined sugar-free, protein - granola bars reicipe that is gluten free, raw and vegan. Use your favorite nuts.
- 10 pitted organic medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- In a food processor add dates, walnuts, almonds, oats and 2 tablespoons agave syrup ; pulsate to chop well, but leaving some of the nuts in small chunks. Add additional agave syrup, if needed, just enough until the mixture forms a ball.
- In a bowl, add the mixture, and top with cranberries; combine by hand, distributing cranberries evenly.
- To a 8×8 or 9×9-inch container, actually smaller if you have one,add the mixture and from about a 1/2 inch layer of the mixture, about as long as a granola bar, 6 inches long (fills about 2/3 of a 8x8 pan).
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into about 5 to 6 strips, creating your granola bars.
- Remove carefully with spatula.
- Reshape, if needed, by hand.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap; place store in baggies; or leave in baking dish/pan covered; and refrigerate until needed.
You can use 1 1/2 cups walnuts instead of adding the 1/2 cup almonds, but it will contain more fat and calories. However, walnuts contain so many more antioxidants, as well as pecans and chestnuts.