A gluten free cornbread recipe that tastes just like its gluten counterpart. Tender, moist, and not too sweet, this cornbread makes a perfect side dish.
Gluten Free Skillet Cornbread
An easy gluten free cornbread recipe using the perfect self-rising flour blend recipe (already includes baking soda and baking powder) - all made in a preheated skillet. It tastes like its gluten cousin.
- 1/2 cup Carla's Self-Rising Gluten Free Cake Flour Blend Recipe
- 3/4 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup neutral-flavored cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free substitute (I used non-fat)
- 1 Tablespoons butter, for pan
- Preheat oven to 425ºF with a 9-inch cast iron skillet on the center shelf.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour blend, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk in the oil, melted butter, eggs, and milk.
- Using heavy potholders, remove the preheated skillet from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Carefully coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Pour the batter into the skillet and bake on center rack of oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.