Jones Dairy Farm was very kind in sending me coupons for free products to review. They carry gluten-free bacon (old fashion slab or sliced) in several varieties; link sausages (including turkey links)and patties in multiple flavors; Canadian bacon; ham (deli sliced, steak; pork sausage roll; liverwurst (chunk and sliced) and a variety of fully cooked hams! Oh my!
Jones Dairy Farm performs gluten testing, required by the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America, in order for their packages to bear the certification symbol from the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO). Results are sent, as requested, to maintain their certificate. The products are certified gluten-free, to 10 ppm (parts per million) gluten or less, in accordance with the standards set by the GFCO.
My first stop in the grocery store was for the Canadian bacon. Oh yum! It had been so long! I believe Von’s charges about $4.59, if my memory serves me correctly. You can check out my Gluten-free Eggs Benedict Recipe (over breakfast potatoes). It was so delicious!
Canadian Bacon Ingredients: Cured with water, potassium lactate, salt, sugar,sodium diacetate, sodium phosphates, sodium ascorbate sodium nitrite.
Next I went to Raley’s and purchased 3 different flavors of their link sausages: maple made from pork, beef, and mild made from pork. I microwaved a couple of the beef link sausages to see how it would turn out. Microwaving is okay if you are going to mix them with something. I used 2 on my Gluten-free Polenta Pizza Crust. It tasted great – flavorful, without a lot of saltiness! I suggest using the stove top to prepare them if you are going to eat them plain, such as with eggs, etc. I fried one of each for a taste test and they were all delicious! Nice and brown and very flavorful, again, without being too salty. The maple flavor was very mild, which was nice; the pork one was perfectly golden brown and very plump compared to the others. The others browned much darker, almost black, which was a delight, as well. One of the best thing about their sausages is that they are free of MSG, nitrites and preservatives! Definitely a healthier choice compared to many that contain gluten!
All Natural Golden Brown Maple Pork Sausage Links Ingredients: pork, water, maple sugar, salt, spices, sugar, maple flavor (caramelized sugar syrup, flavorings, maple syrup, brown sugar)
All Natural Golden Brown Made from Beef Sausage Links Ingredients: beef, water, potato starch, salt, sugar, spices
All Natural Golden Brown Mild Pork Sausage Links Ingredients: pork, water, salt, spices, sugar
By grilling this ham steak, it had even more flavor! It was absolutely devine! – and ham is not my favorite! The last couple of minutes of grilling I basted it with my Gluten-free Plum Sauce. This was the first time I ever prepared a ham steak. I usually like my ham thin and on the dry side. Other chefs and cooks think I’m crazy! Yet, I know other people who like it the same way. However, this gluten-free ham steak was thick and moist, yet delicious! This ham steak would make an awesome grilled ham and pineapple kabob, too! Jones Dairy Farm has a great grilled ham steak and sauce recipe using common ingredients (make sure to use gluten-free Worcestershire sauce!
I will definitely keep Jones Dairy Farm in mind for my Christmas ham at the end of the year, as well as my breakfast bacon and more!
To find recipes using Jones Dairy Farms products see their “Recipes” tab on the their home page. Just make sure you use gluten-free ingredients, such as gluten-free Worcestershire sauce, etc.
Ham Steak Ingredients: Cured with water, potassium lactate, salt, modified potato starch, brown sugar, sodium phosphates, sugar, sodium diacetate, sodium ascorbate, spices, sodium nitrite.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- 6 Coupons for free Jones Dairy Products worth up to $4.99 each towards the purchase of any Jones Dairy Gluten-free Products.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
Tell us what extra things you have done below in your comment:
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Retweet this post dated June 15, 2011 from my Twitter page, “GFrecipebox“, by using “RT @GFrecipebox” in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below stating your Twitter handle or leave the link below in a comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in separate comments below. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the 328 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- “Like” Jones Dairy Farm on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway is open to U.S. residence only. (not much distribution in Canada yet).
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on June 29, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on July 3, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address, phone number and email. If they do not respond within that time period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on June 30, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Jones Dairy Farm.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on June 30, 2011.
Disclaimer: Jones Dairy Farm provided us with free coupons for free samples of their products to review, and we were under no obligation to review them. Nor were we under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free products.
And the winner is…
Kathy has until 11:59pm PST on July 3, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address, phone number and email. If she does not respond within that time period of time, a new winner will be chosen.
The winner was chosen at random, using random.org: