Dr. Oz recently shared a canned salmon salad recipe on his show. I do not eat salmon, but adapted his recipe to my liking and around my food allergies, used canned chicken breast instead; and added the mixture to my gluten-free bread roll. I love Indian food and the turmeric was a refreshing touch! If you like Indian food you will most likely enjoy this recipe. It contains Greek yogurt versus mayonnaise, making it a healthier choice, yet a real treat!
Gluten Free Low Fat Chicken Salad, Indian Style
A gluten free, low-fat, chicken salad recipe with an Indian flair. The seasoning used is known to help fight inflammation.
- 1 (12.5 oz can) chicken breast, drained
- 2/3 to 3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or gluten-free white vinegar
- fresh ground pepper taste
- Toss everything into a small bowl and blend with a fork.
- Spread on gluten-free bread or roll.
- Add your favorite condiments such as lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, cucumbers, etc.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.