Years ago, I created a Copycat Gluten Free Pizookie Recipe Made in an Oven, way before BJ’s Bar and Grill made them gluten free. Now, I created a microwaved gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe so that you can make a quick version. It bakes up in less than a minute.
Gluten Free Microwaved Chocolate Chip Cookie – Pizookie
Who doesn't like a good gluten free chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of ice cream on it? This recipe bakes in a microwave in just 40 seconds! Delicious!
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter (or Earth Balance vegan spread or gluten free dairy free margarine such as Smart Balance)
- 2 tablespoons light/golden brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Scant 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend Recipe*
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons gluten free chocolate chips (Nestle's or Enjoy Life for dairy and soy-free)
- Melt butter in a small bowl. Immediately add brown sugar, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir until as much of the brown sugar dissolves as possible.
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and press the dough into the bottom of a shallow bowl. (I used a 5-inch ramekin made for creme brulee.)
- Microwave on high until the cookie no longer rises and the butter begins to a boil/bubble up through the cookie. As as the bubbling begins, stop the microwave. It takes about 40 seconds in a 1200 watt microwave. The higher the wattage, the shorter the bake time.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool at least 5 minutes. Top with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. I used vanilla bean ice cream.
*I tried using half granulated sugar and half light brown/golden sugar, which usually makes the best chocolate chip cookies; however, the granulated sugar creates a heavy grittiness, which does not break down like baked cookies. If you do try it, be sure to use 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons flour as 3 tablespoons are too much.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.