- Why did you decide to sell memberships?
There are a number of reasons I charge a fee for my recipes, but there are two main reasons.
- As I built up this site to be high on Google’s search list, my site was continuously hacked and purposely sabotaged to lower its ratings. It is a costly affair to manage a site that gets a lot of traffic, not to mention the thousands of dollars each year that go into ingredients, equipment, display items, and more.
- In addition to the above, this is my business. I have multiple sclerosis and cannot work outside my home much. While I am a high-functioning MS patient, if my husband needs to retire early to take care of me, I am trying to help us become financially secure and debt free.
In advance, via my newsletter and at the top of this website, I announced that the site was going to require a membership beginning January 11, 2016. The announcement allowed anyone to print out recipes before a paid membership was required. I am sorry if you missed this opportunity.
Do you sell individual recipes?
No. I do not sell individual recipes. I would have to create over 1,400 individual product pages or spend time that I do not have.
- What are the forms of payment?
Several forms of payment are accepted including:
PayPal (check payments place your account on hold until the check clears)
PayPal Express Checkout
L2/L3 purchase cards
If you prefer to pay by check, mail the full payment to:
Wilkins Publishers, LLC
P.O. Box 529
Coarsegold, CA 93614
or you may call Carla with your credit card:
From within the United States: (559) 258-1836
From outside the United States: +1 (559) 258-1836
Is your checkout page secure?
Yes. The checkout page is secure. If you’re on a desktop or laptop computer, if you click the white piece of paper icon in the url/link field, it will explain that the page is secure. [Currently, recipe pages are not secure, but I am working on this project.) Fortunately, you do not to type in any information on recipe pages.
- Do you have a cookbook?
I am currently working on a cookbook that will be published this year, 2017 or next. However, editing and formatting are still in progress. All of the recipes in my cookbook are already on this site. The title of the book is, “Carla’s Best 125 Gluten-Free Recipes”. It will first be available for presale and sale on Amazon.
- How come the price in my cart is much higher than one annual membership?
If the cart shows higher than anticipated, it is because you have clicked on “Add to Cart” more than once. All you need to do is adjust the quantity in your cart to “1”. To do so, hover over the right side of the number listed under “Quantity” until you see the up and down arrows will appear. Click the down arrow until it reads, “1”. You can also manually change the number. After changing the number, click on “Update”. Then click on “Proceed to Check Out”.
Note: On the next page, Be sure to read and check the box next to “Terms and Conditions” before completing the transaction.
- Can I print out your recipes if I am a member?
Yes. You may print out a printer-friendly version of any recipe on this site if you are a member simply by clicking on “Print” above the recipe.
- Can I pin your recipes to Pinterest or share on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter?
Yes. You may pin the recipes on this website to Pinterest. Below each recipe or article, you will find icons representing the most popular social networks. Just click one and share the photo and/or link.
While sharing the title, image, and link to the recipe is appreciated, please do not violate copyrights by sharing the recipe itself.
- Are your measurements in your recipes in both U.S. cups and metric?
Recipes are only in U.S. measurements (cups). If you wish to convert them yourself, you may use the conversion chart, which is available for everyone to read before purchasing a membership.
- Do you use rice in your recipes?
Yes. Many recipes contain rice flour. However, I have about a dozen recipes for other homemade flour blends that you are welcome to use as a substitute but expect different results.
- Do you use your homemade flour mix to make gluten-free recipes?
I usually use a flour blend for most recipes. However, some recipes do best using different ingredients. I usually use my homemade blends (one self-rising and another not) that include superfine rice flour for cakes, pancakes, pastries, etc. I also use regular rice flour for many other recipes. Other flour blends by other gluten-free authors that are also on this site may include ingredients like sorghum flour.
- Is there a commercial all-purpose flour mix that I can use in place of your homemade flour mix you use.
Instead of using my homemade flour blend in some of the recipes which call for superfine rice flour, you may wish to try a commercial blend instead. Some members use Better Batter or Cup4Cup. However, my experience is that using my flour recipe results in a better product.
- How do I purchase a membership?
Go to the Membership page and add one membership to your cart. Proceed with the secure checkout process, and be sure to add a check mark next to the terms and conditions.
- Are there any customer reviews I can read?
Yes. Customers write reviews on the Membership pages. Click here to read some now. Just scroll download and click on the Reviews tab under the Description.