Last Updated on
Updated May 24, 2018
- When you are on the checkout page, it is extremely secure. Notice the page url begins with “https” and depending upon your device, a symbol indicating whether it is active or not, which when active signifies a secure checkout process.
- In addition to the secure site, additional security software such as a firewall is installed.
- When doing anything on this website, your email is never sold or shared with anyone besides Carla. Your email is not visible once your comment is published. She never discloses any of your details to third parties. No one can see your credit card or PayPal information, not even Carla. It goes straight to the financial institution.
- When entering a giveaway, and you win, the name, address, phone number, and email address that you provide as a winner are usually shared with the company or person sponsoring the giveaway. Sometimes this is a manufacturer, book publisher, individual company owner, or Carla.
- When provided, your name, address, and email address are only used in conjunction with your membership or email newsletter subscription.
- As a paid member, your email address is entered into a separate website, Constant Contact, a well known, paid newsletter service provider that many companies use to send out newsletters. You may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any newsletter. Per Constant Contact, they do not sell, share, or use your information for any reason, as you can read here on Constant Contact’s website under the section 7.4(b) of the Your Information and Content-Your Content and Contacts. Also, per Constant Contact, their website servers have never been hacked or data breached. They only would share your information with third parties if I used their third-party services, which I do not. You can read their Security and Privacy as well as their Sharing of Information sections of Constant Contact’s Privacy Statement. Should you make a request through this site to unsubscribe or you personally unsubscribe from a newsletter, you will be subscribed, usually within 24 hours. Once per month, I delete your entire record after you are unsubscribed, leaving no history of your name or email address in Constant Contact. Constant Contact will delete it from their servers withing 48 hours.
- This website uses CloudFlare to speed up the loading of pages. CloudFlare does not have access to any of this website’s files or your personal information. They only track statistics of IP addresses that have visited this site.
(a) Your IP Address is provided to Carla when you leave a comment. Your IP Address will never be used unless warranted such as to take action on spammers.
(b) Cookies will be generated and stored on your computer when visiting this website for the purpose of improving your experience such as remembering your login information when you check the box to do so on the login page. If you do not want any information saved, check your browser’s instructions on how to disable cookies. However, login information will not be automatically saved for members.
Please note that you can adjust the settings in your browser in order to restrict or block cookies that are set by this website but it may slow down the loading of the pages. Your browser may include information on how to adjust your settings or you can visit All About Cookies (a separate website) for more information. However, not accepting cookies may affect your experience on this site.
Retaining Your Information:
As with most websites, this site is registered with major search engines such as Google. Beginning May 25, 2018, Google allowed site owners to set their length of time that information such as IP Address and site activity/page views, the device used, location (city, state country), etc. (not personal information) will be stored. There is no way for anyone to figure out what person’s activity this actually is. This information is helpful for site owners to determine what people are searching for to better their website to make for a better experience for someone like you. This is how this information is used for this site as well. Originally, the information was stored on Google servers indefinitely. Now, they are saved for 50 months in order to analyze trends.
Your Personal Information:
We retain your personal information to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements. We will retain your personal information for no more than seven years following the date on which you terminate your use of the Services unless we are otherwise required by law or regulation to retain your personal information for longer. If you wish at any time that your information be deleted from the system, please request it in writing via email via the Contact Page. The record of the sale will remain for up to seven years for tax purposes.
Information left in comments on any page is retained indefinitely. If for any reason you wish your some of your personal information to be changed or deleted, please submit in writing via the Contact Page why you wish this to be done. We will do everything in our power to grant your request.
Limitation of Liability
You agree that all access and use of this website and its contents is at your own risk. In no event shall Wilkins Publishers be held liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website or use of it or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, or system failure, even if Wilkins Publishers LLC, or its representatives, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or expenses.
Some of our pages contain links to other websites. Because we do not control the information policies or practices of these third-party sites, you should review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect and use personal information.
Your Rights In Respect to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation
Where the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or GDPR, applies, in certain circumstances and subject to data processing agreements, you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. We set out below an outline of those rights and how to exercise those rights. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights by providing details only known to the account holder. To exercise any of your rights, please contact Carla via the Contact Page. Please note that for each of the rights below we may have valid legal reasons to refuse your request, in such instances we will let you know if that is the case.
You have the right to know whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to access data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with.
You have the right to receive a subset of the personal information you provide us if we process it on the legal bases of our contract with you or with your consent in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and a right to request that we transfer such personal information to another party. If you wish for us to transfer the personal information to another party, please ensure you inform that party in detail and note that we can only do so where it is technically feasible. We are not responsible for the security of personal information or its processing once received by the third party. All transfer will be in an electronic form as to incur no cost for either party.
You have the right to require us to correct any personal information held about you that is inaccurate and have incomplete data completed. Where you request a correction, please explain in detail why you believe the personal information we hold about you to be inaccurate or incomplete so that we can assess whether a correction is required. Please note that while we assess whether the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may exercise your right to restrict our processing of the applicable data as described below.
You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- where you believe it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal information;
- we are processing it on the basis of your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent;
- we are processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interest and you object to such processing;
- you no longer wish us to use your data to send you recipes, marketing, etc; or
- you believe we are unlawfully processing your data.
Please provide as much detail as possible on your reasons for the request to assist us in determining whether you have a valid basis for erasure.
Restriction of Processing to Storage Only
You have a right to require us to stop processing the personal information we hold about you other than for storage purposes in the following circumstances:
- You believe the personal information is not accurate for the period it takes for us to verify whether the data is accurate;
- We wish to erase the personal information as the processing we are doing is unlawful but you want us to simply restrict the use of that data;
- We no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing but you require us to retain the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or
- You have objected to us processing personal information we hold about you on the basis of our legitimate interest and you wish us to stop processing the personal information while we determine whether there is an overriding interest in us retaining such personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assess whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
You also have the right, at any time, to object to our processing of data about you in order to send you marketing, including where we build profiles for such purposes and we will stop processing the data for that purpose.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to us processing your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting Carla with a request via the Contact Page.
This site is owned and operated by Wilkins Publishers LLC, a privately owned California Limited Liability Company. Wilkins Publsihers LLC publishes this site and someday soon will publish additional works by Carla Spacher.
This privacy statement may be updated at any time. We will notify you if any substantial changes are made. We also recommend that you review this statement of privacy from time to time to be aware of any updates. If after reviewing this statement of privacy, you have any questions or privacy concerns or would like to submit a request, please send an email (see the Contact page) or send a letter to:
Wilkins Publishers LLC
P.O. Box 529
Coarsegold, CA 93614 USA