Perhaps you’ve already view my last to blog posts of recipes from Everyday Wholesome Soup. Kim Wilson was very generous in providing us with her healthy, dairy-free, vegan, soy-free dishes. In this post, I review this cookbook, include a giveaway of the book and include the links to her recipes. If you’re tired of starchy gluten-free dishes, lacking nutrition, you’ll have to check out Everyday Wholesome Soup, as well as Everyday Gluten-Free.
Many of Kim’s recipes are corn-free, though I chose 2 recipe which included corn, as they were the results of my Facebook survey. In this cookbook, Kim provides gluten, and gluten-free options for thickening soups and stews. Not only are the dishes healthy, but the recipes are simple. The list of instructions are always short, and you’ll find this to usually be true of healthy choices.
Included in her over 80 recipes, besides soups and stews, Kim includes the accomaniments such as salads and dressings, dips, bread/muffins/crackers, burgers, beans and more. In addition, she divides the dishes into seasons. That is so helpful, as sometimes we do not recall which produce is in season.
I am looking forward to trying the following recipes:
- African-Style Sweet Potato Stew
- Southwestern-Style Soups
- Chilled Cucumber Soup
- Cold Remedy Soup
- Sweet Adzuki [bean] Soup
- Twelve Bean Soup, and more.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian shipping addresses only.
One (1) lucky winner will each receive the following:
- 1 copy of Everyday Wholesome Soup
Suggested Retail Value $11.00.
How to Enter
One entry per comment.
0. ***Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory).***
Ways to Submit Additional Entries:
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“ with a link to the giveaway in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Simply Natural Health on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on July 5, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on July 6, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on July 9, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. or Canadian shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on July 6, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Kim Wilson provided me with review copy of her book, and I was under no obligation to review it, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free book.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways!
And the winner is…
Congratulations Gail! You have until July 9, 2012 at 11:59pm PST to supply us with your U.S. or Canadian shipping address and phone number by replying to the winner’s notification email. If you do not reply within that time period a new winner will be chosen.